• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva sold today

I take that as you're looking for a smallblock, then. ;)

GrahamNZ said:
Sad, but the weight was getting too much for me so sold to a friend today. :(

After reading your posts Graham he sure got a well maintained bike .. got a replacement in mind ?

Art

Holt and rturo
No replacement intended.
SueduringlastBrevarideApril2010.jpg

Graham,

Please stay with us on the forum. Even if the Breva is gone, it is no reason to leave us.

Sorry to hear that Graham ( the weight issue ). I agree with John ,stick around. Your posts I always find interesting.
FBC

Someone got a beautifully maintained Guzzi. Thank you for the many detailed posts. They gave me the confidence to wrench on my Guzzi. Hope you still stick your nose into this forum every now and then. Best of luck.

Zapa
After riding a Breva 750 when they first appeared I really liked it and thought it would be the ideal bike for me when I became too old and weak for a heavier bike. That time has come, sadly, but now I have a Buell which is about the same weight at a Breva 750 but has A LOT more performance, especially in the torque zone, which is what appeals more that top speed.

Graham,

Since that Buell is now gone, do you think it's a good deal to buy one? It is my understanding there will be plenty of parts and support for years to come.
Comments?

Cat City Rider
IMHO of course:
Buells are small bikes with big hearts
huge character - like Guzzis
great fun to ride
fine handling, oodles of ground clearance, very good suspension
interesting and generally sound engineering but not as well made as Guzzis
big-time torque for their light weight
good power but run out of breath up top
very smooth once off idle
lovely clutch action
smooth gearbox but slow changes are best because of engine flywheel effect
very easy to maintain - hydraulic tappets - the 2010 models also have self-setting TPS
fuel frugal
reliable, from 2005 onwards
basic equipment compared to a Guzzi
hopeless headlights
front disc distorts easily - Braking brand wave rotor fixes that
hot in summer - adding a right side airscoop helps a lot
some models have cramped legroom
a grumpy fuelling spot when cruising very lightly below 2,500rpm

Being backed for warranty and parts by HD means that I'd buy one with confidence, even although Buell production has ceased. With that, prices took a big tumble and there may even still be new bikes available at give-away prices.

FrostBittenCanadian said:
Yup 65000 km on a guzzi is enough Graham
FBC

Meaning I'm about to sell mine?
No way. ;)

I do hope you won't leave us, Graham, despite the absence of Guzzidom. Wouldn't it be better to loose some weight, if you feel the equipage to heavy? :mrgreen:

Holt
I've always had an affection foir Guzzis and that is unlikely to change. :) I did sell my Breva to a friend so no doubt I'll see it from time to time. :? I feel that I have many friends on this forum so I do intend keeping in contact. :D

The weight thing: Going by official figures the Breva is around 55kg heavier than my Buell. Add to that 23 litres of fuel all up high and the Guzzi is a pretty top-heavy beast when comes time to stop and lower one leg to support the bike. In my case weight is also a problem when I have to reverse a bike out of the garage and turn the bike around on a narrow driveway before riding off. My weight is 82kg and my shape isn't obesse. Losing a bit of weight could be a good idea for health reasons, but the real issues for me are low-spine osteoarthritis and the decreasing leg strength which comes with age.

My Guzzi ownership has been interesting and enjoyable, if sometimes demanding. :D

Graham,

Keep posting if you have the time. You have been fantastic for Breva info and you'll be a sad loss to Brevadom.

But... it's only a bike.

Keep well.

Pete

Graham,

My wife has osteoarthritis in her lower back. She struggled to do normal daily chores. Then she got onto "Hi-Strength Liquid Fish Oil" each day, tastes really bad apparently, but now, 5 months later she is again competing on her horses. It could be the placebo effect but may be worth a try.

Sorry your Breva is gone, but glad you're staying.

The weight of modern bikes is an issue. They are getting bigger and heavier! I was attracted to the Guzzi V7C because of it's light weight. Long live the smallblock!

Joe

Thanks for the friendly comments. :oops:

Roblatt
Thanks for that. For a year now I've been taking two capsules per day containg Glucosamine Hydrochloride (750mg) with Fish Oil (500mg) and Boron (1mg). Maybe I'd feel worse without them?

Graham,

The wife did those for a couple of years too, without success.
The oil liquid for some reason made a huge difference. Her physio made her swap over.
It took 2 weeks to see the difference.

Anyway, this is the stuff

Attachments

• CCF22042010_00000.pdf
    883.4 KB · Views: 16
GrahamNZ said:
Holt
I've always had an affection foir Guzzis and that is unlikely to change. :) I did sell my Breva to a friend so no doubt I'll see it from time to time. :? I feel that I have many friends on this forum so I do intend keeping in contact. :D

The weight thing: Going by official figures the Breva is around 55kg heavier than my Buell. Add to that 23 litres of fuel all up high and the Guzzi is a pretty top-heavy beast when comes time to stop and lower one leg to support the bike. In my case weight is also a problem when I have to reverse a bike out of the garage and turn the bike around on a narrow driveway before riding off. My weight is 82kg and my shape isn't obesse. Losing a bit of weight could be a good idea for health reasons, but the real issues for me are low-spine osteoarthritis and the decreasing leg strength which comes with age.

My Guzzi ownership has been interesting and enjoyable, if sometimes demanding. :D

I feel the same way about bike weight, and solved it with a 2009 V7Classic, Light weight, and my feet are flat on the ground when stopped. Big plus at 70, is that I can pick it up when it goes over (Long muddy driveway makes for slippery conditions :eek: and bike washings :lol: ).

Bill

Back