• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

breva v1100 starter relay mod

nel

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I read Brian UK's excellent faq on the yellow wire mod to supply 12v directly and fix the non start issue. Looking at a bike from the right I can see 4 relays if I pull the rear right and look underneath bot left is a yellow wire bot right orange/yell top right brown top left red. Is this the yellow wire and instead of cutting it can I just just a inline crimp adding a fused wire from bat to improve the voltage supply? The yellow wire only has 1/2 inch showing so I guess we cut some of the loom sleeving back?

Hi Nel,
I think if you put 12volts permanently onto the yellow wire the Number plate Light will be on all the time also a feed goes to the Left dimmer switch and Key operated switch. On my Breva I was able to use a pin, unhook the connector inside the terminal block and slide the yellow wire out and insulated it. I then inserted a spade connector into the terminal block and connected it via a 15A fuse to the battery +ve. Use a meter or lamp to double check you have the correct relay/wire
Cheers Kevin

Relay positions are in the 1100 Breva service manual ( the PowerPoint file converted to PDF) in the download section. However, confirm that you do have the correct relay as on my bike, it was in a different position.

thks for the replies guys. At first glance coundn't find anything in the service manual about the relays apart from the circuit diagram which is to small to read. The back right relay seems to be the only one with a yellow wire attached. Snowed over night so I'm waiting for the temp outside to warm up (no garage) before I attempt the fix. Did 80m the other day -2 thank god for heated gear. Had to carry my jump leads cause the wiring switches a bit corroded on my b11.

nel said:
thks for the replies guys. At first glance coundn't find anything in the service manual about the relays apart from the circuit diagram which is to small to read. The back right relay seems to be the only one with a yellow wire attached. Snowed over night so I'm waiting for the temp outside to warm up (no garage) before I attempt the fix. Did 80m the other day -2 thank god for heated gear. Had to carry my jump leads cause the wiring switches a bit corroded on my b11.

See page 81 in the general service manual you can download here https://www.guzzitech.com/downloads/ca ... -1100.html It identifies the locations of the relays.

thanks again guys. It would appear my breva is different to the relay layout page 81 in that my relay is rear right not front right. The yellow wire switches to 11.37 when you turn the ignition and you get a clunk from the starter motor then nothing. Charging the battery a bit starts it but charging is very short period I already replaced the battery once sometimes you gotta do a few things yellow wire add and a 3rd battery to get it reliable.

Back