• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva V1100 top yoke fork height adjustment

nel

Cruisin' Guzzisti
My forks seem to have risen in the top yoke such that over a cm of fork tube protrudes above the bars. the protrustion seems uneven left and right fork by a a couple of mm. You can see a spiral pattern on the top of the fork tube and I am on the 3rd ring. think this has happed over time when bolts seized so I slacken bolts off trying to unseize them. There only seems to be 1 allen bolt per fork leg the grips the top yoke to the leg 1 horizontal left and 1 right. when you slacken these should the fork pair lower triple tree front wheel drop in the top yoke. Or do you have to slacken the streering head bearings? What fork protrustion avove the handlebars in mm is normal? whats the steps to adjust? Thks

Nel, From the factory the fork tubes are all the way up. The bar risers provide a stop. There is one screw in the upper clamp, and two in the bottom. These screws should be removed and coated with an anti seize compound and re-inserted. The bike will turn in quicker with the tubes up.

So the forks cant work up in the top yoke if the top yoke pinch bolts are loose. Your so right about anti seize on the bolts. 1 of my lower bolts siezed round off so I tried to drill it which got me a hole in the bolt but a LH extractor cant bite on the SS steel of the bolts inararsds. I plan to remove both forks and lower triple tree this winter them bolt removal should be easy on a bench.

So the forks cant work up in the top yoke if the top yoke pinch bolts are loose. Your so right about anti seize on the bolts. 1 of my lower bolts siezed round off so I tried to drill it which got me a hole in the bolt but a LH extractor cant bite on the SS steel of the bolts innards. I plan to remove both forks and lower triple tree this winter them bolt removal should be easy on a bench.

Take the lower yolk to a machinist. Trying to drill it out by hand has a high probability of ruining the lower yolk. The stainless bolt will need to be removed using a carbide tip. Bring a good Allen bolt with you so he can match the threads. I do recommend that you have as many bolts tightened s possible if you are going to ride it. If it were my bike, I wouldn't wait for winter to make the repair.

thks for the sound advice. Admiring the Stornello thinking I could share one with my son who gets to ride A2 (47HP) bikes next year. Thinking how good the breva has been its a difficult choice. Wonder how the scramber folks cope with the cat heat form the link pipe. As you get older a lighter soft sprung bike is appealing

Back