• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cali 1400 Fork Bag

CBJoe

Tuned and Synch'ed
Anyone mounted a forkbag for touring on a 1400? Looking to free some room up in the saddlebags on long trips by putting my rain gear in a bag hung under the headlight.

Something like this amazon.com/dp/B073CFFDKJ/ref=cm_wl_huc_continue

It may contact the fender in heavy braking, but not much and will only have soft stuff it it anyway. Bad Idea? Other downsides?

Heading out on a 3K + mile trip in the next week or so.

Joe

Joe,

Are you solo? If so that would fit nicely on the passenger seat. besides the possibility of interfering with handling with a bag that size under the headlight, you could also be blocking some airflow you need for engine cooling.

Joe,

Are you solo? If so that would fit nicely on the passenger seat. besides the possibility of interfering with handling with a bag that size under the headlight, you could also be blocking some airflow you need for engine cooling.

Hmmm...good point about the airflow...hadn't really considered that. nope...riding two up with a dry bag duffel on luggage rack. Was just looking to free up some saddle bag space.

Cheers, Joe

Attachments

• 13336068_1140805412609440_8017822287894922779_n.jpg
    13336068_1140805412609440_8017822287894922779_n.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 34
Hmmm...good point about the airflow...hadn't really considered that. nope...riding two up with a dry bag duffel on luggage rack. Was just looking to free up some saddle bag space.
Cheers, Joe

The other suggestion I can offer, since you do have a passenger, is to spread out everything you plan to take on the floor. Then decide what you must have. Spread all of that "must have" stuff in a separate place on the floor. Next pack half of those "must have" items and leave the other half home. Make sure to take $$ (credit card or cash) to buy stuff that you should have brought with you but did not.

I don't know your experience traveling on a motorcycle, but if you have done it for a while you will find that there are a good number of things that you never touch from the time you leave home til the time you get home.

And that's the truth!
I looked at my motorcycle camp gear the last time out & realized I was packing enuf stuff to set up 3 camps.

The other suggestion I can offer, since you do have a passenger, is to spread out everything you plan to take on the floor. Then decide what you must have. Spread all of that "must have" stuff in a separate place on the floor. Next pack half of those "must have" items and leave the other half home. Make sure to take $$ (credit card or cash) to buy stuff that you should have brought with you but did not.

I don't know your experience traveling on a motorcycle, but if you have done it for a while you will find that there are a good number of things that you never touch from the time you leave home til the time you get home.

Pretty experienced at this point... we've done a couple 2 week trips on the bike and a 3 week journey up to Maine and back to Indy. Pretty paired down at this point :) But yes...the first trip we ruled out the things we didn't need pretty quick!

On the first trip we had a 2nd dry bag stacked on top of the duffel in the picture above. Nixed enough to get rid of that. All of our camp gear is compact backpacking stuff so it's about as small as it gets. Nice thing this time is it's super warm weather... no need for sweaters and bulky warm clothes.

Joe

For 2up touring I added a couple of bags on top of the panniers to get a bit more carrying capacity.

Me6 Wet

Anyone mounted a forkbag for touring on a 1400? Looking to free some room up in the saddlebags on long trips by putting my rain gear in a bag hung under the headlight.

Something like this Amazon product ASIN B073CFFDKJ
It may contact the fender in heavy braking, but not much and will only have soft stuff it it anyway. Bad Idea? Other downsides?

Joel

Self made...
IMG 20190216 162041 IMG 20190210 140351 IMG 20190210 140332 IMG 20190214 201810

Looks nice! I have a black leather tool bag laying around. I might do a mock up with it tonight and decide if I want to attach it. May depend how well it matches the bike or not....

Something like this amazon.com/dp/B073CFFDKJ/ref=cm_wl_huc_continue

Joe
Handmade 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_162041.jpg
    IMG_20190216_162041.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20190217-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20190217-WA0007.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1
Looks nice👍
I decided against installing the one I had. Definetly useful but I just prefer the look without it

Back