• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

California 1400 "CRABBING'

UPDATE: the Bike shop agrees with me that the bike is crabbing and have contacted the importers about what to do [i am almost relieved, at least now i know that I wasnt imagining the "crabbing"] But , will they give me another Cali? I wonder !

Glad to hear you are getting some positive action.
My contact in Brisbane says there are no agents in Cape Town using the same brand of alignment jig etc that he has.

The good news is that they admitted that there is a problem. Many K1600 BMWs pull to the left with hands off the steering, however BMW official version is that the bikes are within specks, so that's normal according to them.

lucky phil said:
Pascal said:
I would ask for another bike, they can use that one for demo...
Good luck.
Hmmm....a crabbing Demo.....thats going to sell a lot of bikes.
Ciao

After they work the bugs out Sir.
They can even take all the time they want to fix it since it becomes an unsold bike for the time being...

Went to visit my ailing Cali yesterday. They are waiting on a new top yoke!, I am certain that that is not going to solve the problem, I told them about my idea of riding down the freeway with someone with a video camera on the bridge over the freeway filming the bike as it was being ridden along the freeway and under the bridge, so as to have evidence as to whether the bike is crabbing or not, the steering head out of alignment notwithstanding . I got some very strange looks from the guys at the bike shop, but i think that it is a good idea !!

Yes , but its like a mother giving birth to a ugly baby, the mother cant just give the baby back, there should be a law against handing the bike back, I should be allowed to keep the crabbing bike , and be given a new one {or , is that just being greedy?]

You can have a new baby, I'll gladly give your bastard child a loving home and lots of physio therapy ................................... with a f%#&'n big hammer :lol:

That's a good news. They got scared of the filming idea and possibly landing up on YouTube. No one wants a bad publicity. Ride safe.

I hate to say this , but the "new" Cali is also crabbing, Not as much as the first one, But it is still there , I loosened off the top yoke clamps and put the front wheel against the bullbar on my pickup and tweeked the handle bar , then bounced the front suspension and retightened the clamps, but, the handlebar is still aimed to the right when riding, but ,as I said , not as much as the first Cali , I think that i will have to live with it. BUT, i will be measuring the "out off alignment" and will let everybody know what I find. [i get so sad!]
Otherwise , she is a joy to ride and gets a lot of attention, can't wait for my first long trip , South Africa is a big ,beautiful country!

charlietuned said:
I hate to say this , but the "new" Cali is also crabbing, Not as much as the first one, But it is still there , I loosened off the top yoke clamps and put the front wheel against the bullbar on my pickup and tweeked the handle bar , then bounced the front suspension and retightened the clamps, but, the handlebar is still aimed to the right when riding, but ,as I said , not as much as the first Cali , I think that i will have to live with it. BUT, i will be measuring the "out off alignment" and will let everybody know what I find. [i get so sad!]
Otherwise , she is a joy to ride and gets a lot of attention, can't wait for my first long trip , South Africa is a big ,beautiful country!

Strange this is only being reported from bikes assembled from your dealer. Makes one wonder how they are treating these bikes during final assembly (a few things still need to be put on by the dealer as it comes out of the crate) and PDI.

charlietuned said:
I would like to check vin numbers and whether these frames are fro the same batch! apparantly 2 others were found, by the importers, to be "crabbing"

Then it isn't a problem just with the dealer. That is good to know.

Back