• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Calvin windshield replacement

lucretia

Just got it firing!
I found the original windshield to be to low, causing a lot of wind buffeting at the helmet. In looking for an alternative I was referred by Harper's to Gustaffson's Plastics. I am baffled as to how to get a fit with this replacement. It does not appear to have been shaped to fit the support brackets. Does the shield have to be heated to change the curvature? If so, how? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Gustaffson's has failed to respond to my emails.
Lorne.

You need to contact Gustaffson's Plastics. Have pictures to e-mail to them may help. Without seeing the piece in person it is extremely difficult to give good advice. You may have received a unit that is not correct for your bike, or out of specification.

Hell, I like the Vintage windshield. If you think you've got buffeting, try the EV Touring. Now that's buffeting!

Actually, there's lots of reasons for buffeting, not just the screen. The type of helmet, and even whether the visor is up or down can make a huge difference. Probably the main reason I prefer naked bikes.

Many folks have had good luck with Gustaffson's, but I could never get them to respond to emails or phone messages, either. I eventually had Rifle make me something to my specs by sending them my stock shield and mounting hardware. Having set up their jig with my mounting hardware, the Rifle shields fit perfectly. If you continue to have problems with Gustaffsons's send it back for a refund and check out the Rifle...you don't even have to drill any holes.

I believe that part of the problem with the CalVin's windshield is the angle. Some folks say that modifying the mounts to allow a little more rake to the rear reduces buffeting effectively. I have not checked this out, but I do still get a good deal of buffeting if I wear my full-faced Arai (no such problems with my 3/4 helmets), despite a taller/wider shield. I'm hoping that someone will come up with a vented police-style windshield (the type that balances the air pressure behind the screen). That would completely change the way they work...for the better.

Well my clumsy hands found the final solution. I took a "make it or break it" approach to the problem and did in fact, get a fit which was quickly wasted when I dropped the shield resulting in a "chunk out". Yup a new learning experience! I've now got my order in with Rifle.
I had looked at angle adjustments on the supports and although slight changes can be made it was not enough to change the buffetting. I sure do miss and was spoiled by the large screen from my 2000 Cali Sp!
And isn't it great that we can tailor bikes of any and all nature to fit our personal preferences.

Lorne in Windy Saskatchewan.

Back