• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Can anything else go wrong!

clentbiker

Just got it firing!
Since December 08

Headlights wired up incorrectly; one was dimmer than the other
Starter switch broke and burnt out the starter motor
Fogged up clock
Speed sensor was showing 185mph at a standstill - waiting replacement
Side stand bent and bike nearly falling over
Cam Recall resulted in oil seeping from around the plug.

Time to say goodbye to the Stelvio!!!! :S

I feel your pain except I'm riding the Stelvio because of similar issues with BMW. Three bikes had two final drive failures, an intermittant fuel pump issue that left me stranded three times, a brake servo failure and ABS failure. Ultimately you have to decide if you trust a bike or not. Knock on wood, but my Stelvio has been flawless in the 2000 miles I have ridden it.

To be honest, I really enjoy driving the stelvio and like all new models needs some time. I think with all the replacements on this one I will soon have a new one.

Its not good though when you go out for a day and think that something is going to happen.

Lets see

Hi clentbiker, sorry to hear of your problems do you think the back up from your dealer has been adequate or could it have been better. I have done 3000 miles now and thankfully not a problem. If you can hold on you will find the engine gets better. In this day and age we should `nt have to put up with this sort of crap especially considering the prices we are paying. Unfortunately moto guzzi are not alone in supplying duff bikes and bmw have their fair share of problems, also jap bikes have issues too. I think having a dealer who knows what they are doing, on your side is the main thing and hopefully they can sort out any issues under warranty.Chipper

The dealer has been very good and also very understanding. No quibble yet with anything that needs replacing but what worries me is that they already know whats wrong and just waiting for us poor riders to bring them back. Im just waiting for one more thing to be replaced and then will think hard anout whether I keep it or not. But I will have a good bike then - perhaps?

Shame really as the only other Stelvios I have seen about are the ones on here!!!!

But is that telling me something?

Fingers crossed

Cheer up son:)
I know exactly how you are feeeling:(

No one has suffered at the hands and mercy of MG product testing than me, I have had the lot, including 2 bikes.
But the more I ride the bike the more I am bonding. What a super machine it is;)
Ok so there have been probs my speedo still only works in the dry and when I dont wash it.
But come on what a beast it is:)

Go one ride it like you nicked it:laugh: it will make you feel good.

Loftyjohn

clent, what plug is seeping? I know of an 8-valver here in France who also is having an oil-leak after the recall, apparently from somewhere "high up" on the RHS. (He has little cue what he's talking about, I'm suspecting a lousy dealer job.)

clentbiker wrote:
The dealer has been very good and also very understanding. No quibble yet with anything that needs replacing but what worries me is that they already know whats wrong and just waiting for us poor riders to bring them back. Im just waiting for one more thing to be replaced and then will think hard anout whether I keep it or not. But I will have a good bike then - perhaps?

Shame really as the only other Stelvios I have seen about are the ones on here!!!!

But is that telling me something?

Fingers crossed

Don't worry, us Breva riders had exactly the same thing with our "new" guzzi's.
I'd love a Stelvio but just can't justify spending nearly 10 grand on one.
I will be waiting till they start appearing on e-bay in a years time, then pick one up for a lot less, with all the dealer work done!
Once your bike is sorted, you will love it, just give it a chance.

Hi gang

The recall consist af new cams and followers
new plug caps
New top and bottom 'o' rings

If there is an oil leak on the head from the plug tunnel it ia usually the 'o' rings.
Sloppy workmanship I would say.

Loftyjohn

Yeah, that's what I thought. The guy actually had his bike immobilised for 5 weeks for an oil leak — but then he thought it was due to the fact he filled up once with the new E10 stuff we're getting shoved down our funnels...

Thanks all for your concerns and its nice to know that I am not on my own here.

Picked up the bike from the dealer this evening and it was the '0' ring at the top was at fault and he said the one at the bottom was ok.

So off I zoomed again into the sunset to see what else could go wrong....................

Quite right that it is a beast and feels good to ride and lets see.

Keep you posted

Well at least you are getting the issues sorted out. My Norge has been more or less off the road for 5 months now due to a warranty claim on a CARC bearing which Guzzi will not address.
When I was at the dealer last Saturday, a guy standing five feet away could see the movement in the wheel. But guzzi reject the warranty claim.
Would I recommend anyone to buy a Guzzi? Well what do you think.

Had the speed sensor go tits up on the way back from Ireland last weekend, did 300 miles with only the sat nav speed reading. Cant see that with out m' glasses, lol. Fixed Tuesday. Boke down Wednesday... trucked back to the dealer. Should get it back today, a week later, engine speed sensor. This is a working bike, my only transport is bikes 365, luckily I got the Pan Euro to fall back on.
Boring reliable Jap stuff eh ! Who'd have one.

Who is the dealer that fixed your bike within a week? I've been waiting 3 weeks for Millenium motorcycles to get a replacement speedo sensor, 4 weeks to get the heated grips that were ordered when I bought the bike, and almost 3 weeks for them to get the bits for the cam recall. :angry:

I'm comtemplating buying a spare speedo sensor to offset the wait for any future replacements, might be as well to buy a spare engine speed sensor as well, what other sensors are there that may be handy to have in stock just in case? I love the bike but the spares situation seems awful. Can any UK owners reccommend a good dealer who keeps a decent amount of spares in stock?

I'm away to Spain and Portugal for 2 weeks this Sunday, I'm going to drop my Guzzi off at the dealers in the hope that the parts will arrive while I'm away and I'll return to a fully functioning Stelvio that will also have had it's first service.
I'm glad I'd arranged to go on my Triumph Tiger 1050, I'd be well buggered if I'd only had the Guzzi to go on.:(

Out of curiosity, can anyone confirm if the ABS models use the front ABS sensor to determine riding speed?

Hi Gang

''Why not repair the sensor and have a long term fix. ''

Go on wayne how do you do that.
I am awaiting the 3rd sensor, I even covered the last one in silicone to no avail.:( :(

I would hope that being as it is taking such along time for the latest sensor to arrive MG are sourcing some new sensors:blink:

Loftyjohn

I had the speedo sensor issue with my bike during the rare occassions it wasnt in Shorrocks or Millennium for fixes on various warranty repairs.

Before I went near it with Silicone I left it with my daughter's Barbie hairdryer (pink and purple) on the low setting sitting 2 inches from it for 3 hours. Otherwise you are just trapping water inside it when you seal it.

I shouldnt shout too loud though - it hasnt rained and neither have I washed the bike since I did the repair.

Its looking chuffing dark outside now though, so my trip home could be a deemed to be an acid test of both the speed sensor and the plug cap reair. It's 30 miiles home so it could be a long push!!! I havent pushed a bike as much as my Stelvio since my 1959 BSA C15 Trials bike that I pushed all over the North West of England. I still credit all my power in scrum during my rugby career as a prop forward down to my experiences with that bike. Perhaps I need to make a comeback!!!????

ackers wrote:
I havent pushed a bike as much as my Stelvio [...] all over the North West of England.

Haha, I guess I know what bike to suggest then, next time someone asks for the "best sports bike" :silly:

Back