• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

CARC dive shaft protector for ALL CARC Guzzi

UKstridey

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Just bought one of these off eBay in UK and will get it in a few days.

After market drive box protector for all CARC Moto Guzzi's. Fitted with extra L bracket with rubber buffer designed to increase impact resistance. Powder coated in gloss black finish. Comes complete with replacement mounting bolts. Price £59.00 delivered in UK.

see here;-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230961383991? ... 26_rdc%3D1

In the UK they retail for £108.00 from Guzzi.

I'll post up some images when fitted.

Re: CARC dive shaft protector to suit Moto Guzzi, Stelvio, G

Too bad he won't ship international. I would have purchased one. I like the design with the extra bracket and rubber pad.

john zibell said:
Too bad he won't ship international. I would have purchased one. I like the design with the extra bracket and rubber pad.

John
If you or anyone else wants one of these I am prepared to ship for you if you get the guard to me and arrange payment to him etc through eBay. You can just then pay me for the shipping costs via paypal? Once I get mine next week I will get a weight and carton size and then work out the most economical but secure way to get it to you guys?

Is that any good to you?

Mark :cool:

Mark,

Appreciate the offer, but it is allot to ask. I guess I'll wait till they come up stateside. Besides, he only had one left when I looked and it is probably gone by now.

As it happens I know the lady who makes these, well she does the welding anyway.
I will ask them if they would consider shipping across the pond.

Brian UK said:
As it happens I know the lady who makes these, well she does the welding anyway.
I will ask them if they would consider shipping across the pond.

Brian,

Thanks. that would simplify things for many.

john zibell said:
Mark,

Appreciate the offer, but it is allot to ask. I guess I'll wait till they come up stateside. Besides, he only had one left when I looked and it is probably gone by now.

John
I asked him prior to your post and he said he tries to keep a few in stock most of the time. Since Brian's reply I thought about what he said about that he knows the lady who welds them up and then it clicked she is a MGCGB officer and there is a picture of her in the workshop in the club magazine! Hopefully Brian will come up trumps for you but if not and you still want one I don't mind at all doing the shipping. I was an export clerk for many years so doesn't faze me!
Mine arrived the next day in UK and I will fit later this week and post up a picture.
Mark

Thanks Mark,

Problem is my paying for the part, shipping to you, then paying for shipping from you to me. More of a goat rope than it should be. I like the simple approach.

Again,Thanks for the offer. If it turns out they won't ship across the pond after talking with Brian, you may be the only hope.

Shipping direct from supplier to USA, the price should be devoid of VAT,
shipping internally (UK) first VAT added, and then shipping o/s again = $$$

Brian UK said:
And they never replied to me. But perhaps my email gave thema jolt in the right direction.

Thanks for giving them the jolt.

Pictures of the new non-Guzzi CARC guard fitted to my Stelvio.

I see the guy is on holiday from 28 April for two weeks so there will be a bit of a delay in shipping!

Attachments

• IMG_0691 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0691 (1024x768).jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_0692 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0692 (1024x768).jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_0694 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0694 (1024x768).jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 745

Received mine yesterday and fitted it to my B12S.

The protector is nicely made and fits well. The new/longer bolts supplied are 12.9 (Grade 10) high-strength bolts.

I am very happy.

Received mine last week and installed it over the weekend. Arrived in perfect order and took all of 5 minutes to install!! Great workmanship, superior hardware, and perfect fit!! Now let's hope I never get to test it!! ;)

Attachments

• CARC Guard #1.JPG
    CARC Guard #1.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 645
  • Carc Guard #3.JPG
    Carc Guard #3.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 647
  • Carc Guard #4.JPG
    Carc Guard #4.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 646

Keith powder coats these so I can't see any reason why he couldn't offer them in Silver. Hit him up in a couple of days when he returns from his holiday.

corsa916 said:
I think we need to encourage Todd to stock these!!!
And now I am. Keith is now telling all U.S. buyers to contact me for them. Happy to be of help. Now online below, or contact me direct e-mail to buy; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Cost is $99.95 + shipping; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/produc ... pathway-36 (black only in stock now, but silver can be ordered).

Back