• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Center Stand

StelvioGT

Tuned and Synch'ed
Anyone ever consider how superbly balanced the Stelvio is on the center stand? All bikes I have owned were hard down on the front tire when on the stand. If you wanted to clean or inspect the front tire you had to have a portly woman sit on the rear seat! Just an observation...

StelvioGT said:
Anyone ever consider how superbly balanced the Stelvio is on the center stand? All bikes I have owned were hard down on the front tire when on the stand. If you wanted to clean or inspect the front tire you had to have a portly woman sit on the rear seat! Just an observation...

Yes, I am very comfortable leaving my Stelvio on the centre stand during winter storage, as there is virtually no pressure on either tire that could lead to a flat spot. It is a tall stand, and seems to require a bit more effort to loft the bike up it, but it certainly is effective.

Bruce

So what's up with mine???? :?

Even with an empty Givi 55-liter top box attached, the front wheel's planted on the floor. It's not impossible to raise the front, just a bit of effort. There *are* those four balance weights on the front wheel, though :roll:

mohawkeye said:

Even with an empty Givi 55-liter top box attached, the front wheel's planted on the floor. It's not impossible to raise the front, just a bit of effort. There *are* those four balance weights on the front wheel, though :roll:

Hmm, with mine the front wheel is a little more weighted than the back, but not significantly so. It's a head scratcher. :?:

mohawkeye said:

Bet you don't have saddle bags :shock: If I remove my saddle bags the beast will sit on its nose.

The saddlebags aren't usually attached. I'll have to test this out with loaded saddlebags and topcase.

kwn306 said:
mohawkeye said:

Bet you don't have saddle bags :shock: If I remove my saddle bags the beast will sit on its nose.

Good point, Kurt. I always leave my sidecases (and Givi topcase) attached. That might make the difference right there.

Bruce

kmartin said:
I've always had trouble finding a portly woman who is willing to sit on the seat.

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: Come to Washington, DC we got plenty of lard asses that are full of hot air :side: :silly: :blink:

only thing that has struck me about the Stand is it falling off - well one side when the pivot bolt lost its nut and fell out. strange that i had virtually the same problem on my previous GS1200, on that the bolt sheared through. Perhaps i am not very good at using a stand?

On my Breva the bolts kept coming loose, its one of the things i regularly check on the Stelvio now when I'm doing my monthly "tighten up" routine.

5e2193f6-8039-4ded-b6f5-35fc43b91d76_zpsa88a96ce.jpg

Anyone?
Got to be covered by warranty, eh?

Back