• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Changes for the 2011 Griso 8V?

GuzziVA

Just got it firing!
I am about to pull the trigger on a Griso 8V purchase and was wondering if there is any advantage to waiting for the 2011 models? I see several 2010's out there, some with fairly competitive pricing, so I'm trying to figure out if there are advantages in the 2011 model. The MG website is kinda worthless and web searches haven't produced much. Maybe the factory hasn't released info on the 2011 updates, or maybe there aren't any?

Thanks Pete, that make a big difference in the how I approach the purchase!! I have noticed members talking about abs and so forth, and didn't want to make the plunge if that was the next generation offering.......

Hey, while I got you here, you are apparently one of the most knowledgeable people on MG, any suggestions on after market pipes? I've read some of the reviews, but I'm not clear on what may or may not increase performance values, too many dyno charts that I can't begin to understand... I just want something that looks good/interesting, removes a bit of weight and is easy to put on. I currently have a Ducati M1100S with a full Termi racing system, is there a similar package worth investing in from a MG point of view, I'm not tied to Termi.......

well, the 2011 is the same as 2010, but earlier is different. So make sure the 2010 you get, isnt a leftover 2009, an A in the middle of the vin is made in 2010. Am it is, 9m is 2009

Paul, as far as I can make out the only real difference between the '08-'09 bikes and the later ones is the fact the later ones have cams shimmed for end float to quieten 'em down a bit. I know that the ECU seems to have a different part # but the map in it is still the same on the 'New' models I've plugged into so I don't know aht, if anything, has really changed.

Pete

lpraden said:
I just want something that looks good/interesting, removes a bit of weight and is easy to put on. I currently have a Ducati M1100S with a full Termi racing system, is there a similar package worth investing in from a MG point of view

motoguzzigrisotermignoni.jpg

This is my 8V with the termi.

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/en_US/accessori/accessori_dettaglio.aspx?id=67

Here is the link to the Moto Guzzi accessories for the Griso 8V, if you click on 'others'.. you will find that the termignoni exhaust is a Moto Guzzi P/N that you can order through your preferred dealer.

Best of luck with the bike!

-Phil

I have the MIstral, which I bought from MG Cycles. It is easy to install and looks allot like the Termi but costs less. I love it. The bike runs very nicely with the baffles in and sounds great.

pete roper said:
Paul, as far as I can make out the only real difference between the '08-'09 bikes and the later ones is the fact the later ones have cams shimmed for end float to quieten 'em down a bit. I know that the ECU seems to have a different part # but the map in it is still the same on the 'New' models I've plugged into so I don't know aht, if anything, has really changed.

Pete

Well cams have different numbers, I don't know if the profile is the same. Heads have different numbers too. And injectors, but that is more a different make for the same I think.

Back