• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Checking In

HOG4DNR

Tuned and Synch'ed
I just joined and I am back in the market for a bike. I work at a small race / service shop in Ft. Lauderdale that specialize in euro bikes, mainly Ducati, but want something a little different to ride. I used to own a 97 Sport 1100 and a Centauro.

I've narrowed down my choices to 3 bikes, an MG Griso 8v, Breva 1200 Sport or a Ducati Hypermotard.

Any pros or cons you guys can throw my way I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks
Scott

Scott,
If you can, ride all 3 to decide what works best for you. I debated between a Breva 1100 Sport and the 1100 Griso I ended up with. I absolutely LOVE my Griso and couldn't be happier with my choice. The dealership I bought from had both in stock(both crate back bikes). I just felt like the Griso "fit" me better. I like the looks of the Griso a bit better too. I'm sure I would have been very happy with the Breva too if I had ended up buying it.
I have a good friend that sold a Tuono to get a Hypermotard and hated the Ducati. He regretted getting rid of the Tuono for it.
But as we all know, personal preferences are just that. Good luck finding a bike that you end up loving.

Welcome Scott,

I would say, go for the Griso...
But that's easy for me to say, I'm in love with my Griso. B)
I bought my G12 (Griso 1200) in 2010, the first time I saw a Griso was in 2006. That was love at first sight. :woohoo:
It took me 4 years to let my special build Harley go, I was in love with that machine from 1991 on...

If you have a bit of that feeling, go for the G12.
It's a bike with mixed feelings and a stunnig, gorgeous look.
Mixed feeling in sport ride and comfortable ride.
It's a more sporty bike as a 1200 Sport, but less as a Ducati Hypermotard.
With the Hypermotard I would lose my driverslicense in no time...
The looks of the Griso... There only can be ONE!! :mrgreen: Do I need to write more..?

It's a bike with its own character (Guzzi Character), his own (only one) looks, simple but modern.
You really won't see this machine on every corner... That's the place for one kind of BMW... :blush:
The Griso is your future classic bike. :idea:
Here's mine, with a few changes...
https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/8274.html?start=20
Maybe a paintjob in the (quite near) future... maybe... :whistle:

Ad B

Those are three very different bikes. The Hypermotard is hard edged and a bit crazy. Also not a good bike for covering any kind of distance.
The Breva is a marshmallow of a bike, very soft and cushy. Probably great for covering distance.
The Griso is between the two, no where near as hard edged as the Duc but more sport then the Breva. It also has looks that you either think are great or you hate. I think the looks are great, possible the best looking street Guzzi since the Daytona.
As mentioned, try to ride all three. Try to get as long a test ride as you can. The Guzzi's tend to reveal their character on a longer ride. You either get them or you don't. The Duc may seem great on a shorter ride and it might not be until you spend some time on it that you realize the other side of the bike.

The service for guzzis is less expensive (or should be) when done by a dealer. Dealer support for the Duc is better around the country but if your touring the country the guzzi is better suited. So that depends on the proximity of the brand dealer.

The 1200 Sport will need some suspension improvements (R shock maybe fork springs) and both guzzies will need some help with fueling to improve ride-ability and power. The fueling issue may be true of the Duc - not sure.

When and if you do you own maintenance the guzzi is easier.

Back