• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Ciao from Hokkien of China

James Tan

Just got it firing!
Greetings all

In the evening I was very excited because I found Guzzitech. I picked up a V7 Stone Centenario in the summer. When I went to register my v7, the DMV staff couldn't find technical information about the Moto Guzzi. He said it was the first one in Fujian Province. It makes me feel a little lonely. Fortunately, I found here. I hope I can learn more and share happiness here in the future.

Cheers 🍻

IMG 2723
IMG 3570
IMG 3571
IMG 3577
IMG 3578
IMG 4387 IMG 4388

Welcome to the addiction. You will find a great deal of information here. I do recommend you get rid of that exhaust wrap. It serves no useful purpose and is detrimental to the pipes.
Thank you John, The main use of the exhaust wrap for me is to avoid burning my 5 year old son. Every time I ride to the door of my house, he would run and jump in front of the motorcycle.:rofl: I guess this exhaust wrap may cause the exhaust pipes to rust, so I installed dehumidifiers in the motorcycle garage to keep the exhaust pipes free of moisture. I'll keep your advice in mind and rip the wrap when my son is older.

3Y2A6621

Greetings all

In the evening I was very excited because I found Guzzitech. I picked up a V7 Stone Centenario in the summer. When I went to register my v7, the DMV staff couldn't find technical information about the Moto Guzzi. He said it was the first one in Fujian Province. It makes me feel a little lonely. Fortunately, I found here. I hope I can learn more and share happiness here in the future.
Congrats and welcome James! Love having those from all over the World here, especially Guzzisti! Congrats on giving your son the early addiction, and having the first in your Province is pretty special!
Love to get your info on our Registry linked below. I'll copy your top post over to the thread below. Hope to see you here posting often!

Congrats and welcome James! Love having those from all over the World here, especially Guzzisti! Congrats on giving your son the early addiction, and having the first in your Province is pretty special!
Love to get your info on our Registry linked below. I'll copy your top post over to the thread below. Hope to see you here posting often!

Thank you for inviting me to join. It's my honor. Here's my bike info😁:

V7-850 Centenario
VIN#ZGUKZCA05NM000085 - @James Tan - Fujian, China - D.O.P. 06.22 - Pic HERE

Last edited:
Welcome from the top of Virginia!

Lovely Guzzi and, even better, family.

I agree with John about the wrap, but you have your priorities right in looking out for your son. His excitement may be just to see you coming home -- a sweet thought, of course -- but it may also be a sign that he is a budding Guzzista. :clap:

That dehumidifier is a good addition, too. As you know, rust never sleeps, and often takes long naps hidden away in your tools! ;)

Bill

Thank you John, The main use of the exhaust wrap for me is to avoid burning my 5 year old son. Every time I ride to the door of my house, he would run and jump in front of the motorcycle.:rofl: I guess this exhaust wrap may cause the exhaust pipes to rust, so I installed dehumidifiers in the motorcycle garage to keep the exhaust pipes free of moisture. I'll keep your advice in mind and rip the wrap when my son is older.

View attachment 27946
Being from an older generation that didn't have outlet covers, guards on radiators and all, I survived. Teach your son that it is hot. If he gets burned, he won't do it again. The exhaust wrap won't make it cool enough to touch anyway. As the farm saying goes, some learn by reading, some learn by observing, and some learn by peeing on the electric fence.

That's right, Dave😆. I am very lucky to find this forum, I will enjoy it.
James, this forum is very lucky that you have found us. Works both ways. I love all your photos, especially of your family.

I am curious regarding the distance between you and the nearest Guzzi dealer. You truly are a pioneer!

Ralph

I lived in Xinyang in Henan (between Zhengzhou and Wuhan) for about seven years, I can assure you that I never saw a Guzzi, even when I moved to Taizhou Jiangsu I never saw any. For that matter, I think the only European motorcycle I ever saw was a single BMW, but I don't remember where I saw it (and it may have been a Ural, or some other opposed twin copy).

But if I had to guess, I probably saw it in Hong Kong, but I really don't remember.

Being from an older generation that didn't have outlet covers, guards on radiators and all, I survived. Teach your son that it is hot. If he gets burned, he won't do it again. The exhaust wrap won't make it cool enough to touch anyway. As the farm saying goes, some learn by reading, some learn by observing, and some learn by peeing on the electric fence.
😆 😆 😆

Thanks John. I see, exhaust wrap does more harm than good, I will get rid of it as soon as possible. Because I hope my son can learn how to safely peeing on the electric fence. I need to stop overprotecting him. 🍻

James, this forum is very lucky that you have found us. Works both ways. I love all your photos, especially of your family.

I am curious regarding the distance between you and the nearest Guzzi dealer. You truly are a pioneer!

Ralph
Thank you, Ralph. In the spring of 2016, my wife and I moved on a little sandbank called Turtle Mountain from a big city, which is also my hometown. We started a new life here. There are only Honda and Suzuki shops here. Guzzi's dealer is about 500 kilometers away from me in Shenzhen, near Hong Kong. So I think I need to learn some maintenance skills. First I looked at the manual, I found that the capacity for the gearbox and final drive written in the Chinese manual may have erratum, and then I found the GT forum. I think the manual can only be used as a reference, the proven experience of older riders is more trustworthy.🍻
IMG 4538
IMG 4285
3Y2A3580
IMG 4563
IMG 4506

IMG 4509
IMG 4513
IMG 4495
IMG 6818
IMG 4851
WechatIMG313
IMG 7163
IMG 0150
IMG 4544

IMG 0642
IMG 4523

IMG 4524

IMG 4560
IMG 4525

This has become a most fascinating thread. Great photos and great story and a great education for those of us who enjoy learning of other cultures, landscapes and architecture.

On another Guzzi forum, there are several members who take long Guzzi trips, some a "fly and ride", often through Europe, with photos and descriptions of where they are and what they're doing. Consider this a subtle hint, James, for any longer rides you may take through your large and fascinating country.
Ralph

Back