• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Ciao :)

• Thread starter DeletedUser-Speedo007
  • Start date
D

DeletedUser-Speedo007

Hi guys, potential new Moto Guzzi owner here, doing a bit of research before pulling the trigger :)

Welcome! Pray tell, what are you lusting after? 😁
Looking at the V7 Stone (possibly used). I went to see a 2009 V7 III with only 16000km, but the finish on the bike looked like it literally had 150000km+. I'm thinking I'd probably be better off with the 2014+ with a 6th gear. Dealerships are 1h30 away from me. I absolutely think these bikes are gorgeous. I love the character of the engine, I love the fact that they can be enjoyed at slower speeds (as opposed to an R1 on which I can lose my license in first gear on the highway!), their simplicity, the ease of maintenance (valves are easy to access), no chain, etc. But I am a bit concerned about the quality of the finish on these bikes. I've owned bikes from Ducati, KTM, BMW, Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Triumph, I'm not loyal to any brand, and our roads around here are covered in more salt than a NY pretzel. I ride from early spring, until it snows, and I've never had any rust issues on any of my bikes. I had a 2006 MT-01 last year with 90000km and if you didn't know, you would have thought it had under 15000km (heck my DR650 with 30000km that has been ridden through hell only has surface rust where the paint was worned off exposing bare metal, all bolts still look like new). I'm seeing posts of owners of 2022 Moto Guzzis having rust issues, I'm a bit concerned, more than by any reliability issues that might come with the "Italian character" as my DR would still be my main bike and this would be my cruise around town bike.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several Moto Guzzi dealers in the Montreal area. Moto Illimitees in Terrebonne has a lot of new 2022 and 2023 V7 as cheap as $10,777 CAD. They have a couple of used ones also.

There are several Moto Guzzi dealers in the Montreal area. Moto Illimitees in Terrebonne has a lot of new 2022 and 2023 V7 as cheap as $10,777 CAD. They have a couple of used ones also.
Yeah I put Montreal in the description, but I'm in a small town 1h30 away from MTL and 1h30 from Quebec City
;) And yes I've seen even new 2020 V7 for 8999$ which is interesting, but then makes me wonder how hard it will be to resell if they were stuck with it for 4 years (including covid years where all dealers couldn't get enough bikes to sell).

Good choice! We have lots of Canuks here that ride just about everything. You see, they already arrived! 😆

Anybody who complains about the finish on a Moto Guzzi, doesn’t take proper care of it. If you care for her, she will always look new.

There was just a discussion about this topic.

Good choice! We have lots of Canuks here that ride just about everything. You see, they already arrived! 😆

Anybody who complains about the finish on a Moto Guzzi, doesn’t take proper care of it. If you care for her, she will always look new.

There was just a discussion about this topic.

Yeah I was looking at some other posts about this. But it is still a motorcycle, from what I've seen so far, they do seem to be maybe more sensitive to the elements than the average bike. I had a 2015 Triumph Scrambler (and I think those were made in Thailand) with 70000km, rode it through dirt, mud, rain, salty roads, and when I sold it it still looked like new, not one rusted bolt and I wasn't coating everything with ACF 50 or anything I just washed it once in a while and rode it (at least that's what I expect from a motorcycle) :)

Like the pictures in that first post, even as a Canadian, I wouldn't know how to make my bike rust so fast (the bike is barely 2 years old) except for the header bolts, even stainless steel will eventually rust when heated)...this is something I would expect of a 15-20 year old bike that was left outside exposed to the elements.

You should create a new thread in the appropriate forum as this is an introductions area.

Thank you very much.

Back