• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Clutch Cable with Clip Ons - Guzzi newbie

MLRanner

Just got it firing!
Just taken on my first Guzzi - a 2013 V7 Special for my daily commute. Loving it and learning to enjoy it's eccentricities.. However, I’d been struggling with the ridiculously heavy clutch, high biting point and an impossible to find ‘neutral’ – all a nightmare in traffic. After bit of investigation I found the cable was laying on the cylinder heads, melting the outer and corroding / stretching the inner. I ordered up and fitted a new cable (B063427 2013 V7 Special). Now pleasantly light but even the adjustment wound fully in clutch is only engaging in the last 5mm or so of travel and there’s clutch slip even under moderate acceleration. The bike has been fitted with ‘clip on’ handlebars from the V7 Racer. I’m guessing I've not fitted the right cable. Should I have ordered the V7 Racer cable 883940? (the Racer cable is 1015mm out and 145mm free length and the Special 1080mm outer and 140mm free length). The clutch cable seems to change with every v7 model and year so any advice to avoid trial and error cable purchases would be appreciated. Thanks and greetings from London...

I recently fitted the clip-on bars from the Racer on my Stone, and yes, the kit comes with a shorter cable to aid routing. You may need to adjust the clutch at the engine as well.

Thanks Hippo-drones! I didn’t see any adjustment at the engine end??? Where it located if you don’t mind me asking?

I've not had to do it, so not sure. I am sure folk on here will be able to talk you through it

Thanks for the help!
Adjusted at the engine end 1/3 turn clockwise and no noticeable difference (zero play in the able, biting point at the top of lever movement and still some clutch slip). I’ll give the v7 cafe racer cable a go which has 5mm more free cable).
If it helps anyone else , adjusting at the engine end wasn’t a problem - used a Halfords Pro13mm spanner (a UK brand) which is very slim, an old vernier calliper to shift the adjuster then an old 9BA spanner to adjust. Did it all from underneath the swing arm where there’s lots of access. Thanks again for the suggestions and links

Back