• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin seat for the Griso

My only experience with Corbin was when I had a Rocket 3 with a Gunfighter seat and a Touring dual seat and I found them both much more comfortable than the stock seat. Factory seats tend to be soft and higher in the middle whereas the Corbin is firm and dished to fit your arse, I will give my opinion when I receive the seat for the Griso,
I am also fitting a short carbon can straight to the middle pipe and ditching the pillion peg brackets to go with the solo seat look, photos to come.

Steve,
Off topic - but just have to say I have become OBSESSED with your stunning 1100 Sport i Cafe build. I LOVE the finished bike!!! I sooo want a twin of that bike!!!!

We apparently have very similar tastes in bikes - looks like we are making the same modifications to our Griso's. I have the Corbin gunfighter seat ordered (Christmas present!) and am purchasing the titanium shorty trapezoidal exhaust from Todd. When I get the exhaust, I'm going to fab up an exhaust hanger and lose the passenger brackets - since the wife rides her own bike, I don't really need em.
Going to be another 2-3 weeks before I have everything in hand and installed and can post pictures.

Thanks Kevin, I am really pleased how the Sporti has turned out so far, I only managed a couple of ride outs before the English winter set in, so looking forward to the Spring when I can take her out of hibernation.
The exhaust arrived today for the Griso, I had to have it made up with a 60mm inlet, the pillion pegs are already off so I will slip it on tomorrow and post a photo, Corbin have shipped my seat today so not as long as they said it would take, how long did they say yours would be?
mine is going via a forum member in the States to try and avoid UK VAT this end, so I will be waiting a while yet,
Steve.

Steve,
The exhaust looks great (saw the pic on the other thread) - did you have it made locally? It looks almost identicle to the carbon version Todd made. I also like the look without the passenger pillion, but I do think you need to fab up a hanger to keep the can secure.
Corbin told me it would take 2-3 weeks for my seat. I'm anticipating Christmas will likely delay it a bit. I'm hoping to have it in my hands in another week to week and a half. I'm having mine done with the same materials as the sample on their web site. I think those colors/textures go very well with the all black Griso.
I'd love to get more details on your Sporti build (beyond what you have in the build thread). If I can track down an appropriate 1100 Sport at the right time (when I have some extra $ :roll: ) I am planning on building a very similar bike.

Well, I ordered the Corbin for my Griso yesterday. I wanted not to have the name Corbin n the side and they said " not possible " and I wanted to have he flag colors in both sides but at the end I just told them to make it just like the one n the website. They asked me if I had a 8 valve so I assume they have two different Griso seats in production . Never thought the four valve seat used a different seat. $395.00 , I found it to be a good price. I will get it at the end of January. Can't wait .

Roberto.

Roberto,
How did you manage to get it so cheap? That is $100. off the price listed on-line.

alpine said:
I wanted not to have the name Corbin n the side and they said " not possible "

They will not do a seat without the Corbin logo but they can use the same color thread as the seat material, if you ask... Plus the location of the logo can be varied so there are ways to hide it.

Yea how did you get it for $395, I was quoted $850 US in the UK, I have ordered it direct from Corbin and saved a bit but it's still going to be $600.

Just ask your local moto dealer for a discount. I have always have gotten 20% discount on the Corbin seats I have purchased.

Roberto.

I am interested to know if the seat is rubbing on the paint at all.

I have had corbin seats in the past, and while I like the comfort of the seat itself, I have found them to be heavy and ill-fitting. Unlike the products from Sargent which are lighter and fit perfectly. Unfortunately, Sargent has become extremely picky in choosing what seats they choose to produce. :angry:

Corbin finally shipped my seat yesterday :) . Should have it in hand Monday or Tuesday. Will post pictures then and report on comfort and fit.

The Corbin Gunfighter arrived yesterday. Very good quality. I had to adjust the seat latch post by adding a washer to have it latch correctly and had to slightly 'notch" the bottom of the tool compartment cover knob hole for it to match up, but other than those 2 very minor adjustments, was a straight swap.
Can't ride the bike right now - waiting on a new exhaust and the straight pipe is just a bit too loud - so I can't comment yet on comfort on extended saddle time, but just sitting on the bike, it seems like it will be very comfortable for me. When standing, it feels a touch wider than than the stock seat at thigh contact points and just a bit taller ( I have a 29-30 inch inseam, so I notice those changes in seat height :roll: ).
I am very happy with the look - one of my primary motivations in getting this seat. Definitely feel it tidies up the tail.
I also removed the passenger peg brackets to further clean up the rear.

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Looks good Kevin, still waiting for mine to arrive, the UK customs are probably looking at it and deciding how much they can rip me off for.

It looks Great . Mine should be here in a couple of weeks , I will post some pictures as well. It looks good on the black Griso , can not wait to see how it looks in my red one .

Roberto.

Steve S said:
Looks good Kevin, still waiting for mine to arrive, the UK customs are probably looking at it and deciding how much they can rip me off for.

Hope they let you have it soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how the brown looks!

Seat arrived today, here's a quick photo.

Attachments

• IMG-20130129-00010.jpg
    IMG-20130129-00010.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 545
Steve,
Hope they didn't "bend you over" too harshly to get the seat out of customs :lol: .
Man that looks great! Post a picture of the whole bike when you get a chance.

I finally got some extended seat time yesterday. This seat will take a bit of getting used to when riding really aggressively in the twisties, as it does not lend it self to body transitions as smoothly as the stock seat, but for relaxed riding, for me, it is extremely comfortable.
I may keep the stock seat, do the same tail end reshaping modification Pascal did (as i really think it improves the look), and swap on the stock seat for days that are strictly really aggressive rides. Overall, I am happy with the purchase.

Thanks for the comments, the Corbin fits well and is top workmanship, should be for the price, I too had to adjust the hole in the tool lid and fit another washer under the latch pin but apart from these small faults I am happy, very comfortable as soon as you lift your feet onto the pegs, I would criticize Corbin on their communication though, I tried to change a couple of details on the order by email and got no response, I wanted them to leave out the welt and lower the seat height but got no reply at the time and both requests were ignored, but I won't be sending it back it's too far. And it's a pity they couldn't get the Italian flag the right way round!!

Attachments

• IMG-20130317-00067.jpg
    IMG-20130317-00067.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG-20130317-00068.jpg
    IMG-20130317-00068.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 311
Back