• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Crash bars

Tobor

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey guys !

Has anyone tried installing the chrome Stucchi crash bars on a Racer?

How do they look ? Are they strong enough to take a drop or are they just decoration?

T

IMHO crash bars and saddle bags don't belong on a Racer. The whole point of the bike is to look fast (I realize full well it isn't) and I know anybody can do whatever they want with their bike, but there's my 2 cents. Put 'em on a Stone or Special but not a Racer!

tonUPRacer said:
IMHO crash bars and saddle bags don't belong on a Racer. The whole point of the bike is to look fast (I realize full well it isn't) and I know anybody can do whatever they want with their bike, but there's my 2 cents. Put 'em on a Stone or Special but not a Racer!

I hear you loud and clear! As a new biker, I worry about dropping her right on a cylinder head..........

Unreasonable fear??

tobor,

take my comments with a grain of salt. do what you are comfortable with. you can always take them off when you get more confident, but that is probably exactly when the inevitable happens...old saying in motorcycling and bike racing only 2 types of riders: been down and goin' down :woohoo:

I've you don't like the looks of the crash bars - consider frame sliders.

Over Racing has a set that looks pretty good.

Only thing is you'll need to make an extension for them on the 2013 (new motors) as the jugs stick out a little further.

I'm going to remove one and take it to a machine shop to see if I can get a spacer machined to mount between the mount and slider. Just another 30mm or so should handle it.

2012-12-01_14-00-08_822a.jpg

Finally picked up my bike on Friday and installed the crash bars yesterday. Don't think that they look too bad.

Of course it snowed last night.......sob !

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 584
Tobor said:
Finally picked up my bike on Friday and installed the crash bars yesterday. Don't think that they look too bad.

Of course it snowed last night.......sob !

Tobor, I have to say they look pretty darn good! I feel your pain with the weather. I did get out for a quick 50 miles yesterday. Snow is our forecast this week, sigh.

2013-04-07_14-54-18_592.jpg

Andy

Just spent the afternoon peeling off stickers/labels....MOTHER OF GOD !!!

Once the sun comes out I will take her outside for proper pictures.

T

Tobor said:
Just spent the afternoon peeling off stickers/labels....MOTHER OF GOD !!!

Did you get the ones off the shocks, too? LOL. The only one I left on the bike is the emissions sticker under the seat (on the fender) that has valve clearances and stuff on it. That one can become important in California if the bike changes hands. Oh, and I left the AGIP sticker on the starter. That one seems to be an MG staple.

Still have one on the right side of the tank above the head. Fingers got sore.

Was afraid to try the shocks....stickers on stickers....hmmmm.

Pokey...how did you get the ones off the shocks with out screwing up the label underneath??

T

The rear shock warning stickers came off easily for me with a hair dryer. (I left the Bitubo stickers on) My dealer gave me a tip for removal of gas tank stickers, he said to do it with the tank nearly empty of fuel (the blow dryer will heat the tank better) and the stickers will peel of more easily. I wish he told me that before I spent an hour picking scraps of paper.

After much effort, I am label free......and no longer idiot proof........... ;)

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 330
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 330
Looks Good.
I have a similar set on my Breva 750.
Personally I think those cylinder head things are a gimmick,because the weakest point, is where the cylinder meets the block.
Drop the bike, and the shock goes straight to the base of the cylinder, and having a bit of aluminium sticking out even further,at the very top ?
I think you made the right choice.
Take Care Out There.

I put the engine crash bars on my Nevada Classic.
They look great and offer the piece of mind if I do drop it.
Wish they were a bit wider to get a nice set of highway pegs, but will fabricate some myself.

Ride safe
Chris

Back