• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Custom Liner for Norge Top Case

Bill Hagan

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
There has been a "bag liners for Norge" thread going for some time, https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/188/2871.html.

There are pix and discussion there about the great bags Karla Kiefer makes for Norges. See http://www.bagsforbikes.com/moto%20guzzi%20norge.htm.

As we live relatively near, I took my Norge's top case to Karla to measure. Am very pleased.

Here are pix of what she made for me to compliment my side bag liners. I have the thing just partially stuffed with towels to see how it looks and fits when full. Note the double compartment. The lower is large, but I suggested a smaller top one for need-quick items, e.g., "Here's my license and registration, Officer." Also note the recess she made for the lump at the bottom rear of the top case. Haven't tried this one on a trip yet, but think it's going to be great.

TopCasePostPic1.jpg

TopCasePostPic2.jpg

TopCasePostPic3.jpg

TopCasePostPic4.jpg

TopCasePostPic5.jpg

TopCasePostPic6.jpg

TopCasePostPic7.jpg

TopCasePostPic8.jpg

Not much after-market stuff available for Guzzis, so it's nice to find something like this.

Bill

Thanks for posting those photo's Bill. The next time I plan a ride up to the Dahlonega area I'll give Kara a call and have her make up a pair of inner bags for the Norge panniers on my Sport.

Regards, Paul

john zibell said:
Bill,

Nice post. Are you getting good performance out of your wooden Guzzi?

Actually, the kids love it. The nuance of the HD-become-Guzzi is, of course, lost on them, but many houseguests -- especially of the LPSL crowd; I actually like some of those guys, despite their nasty habit -- do a double-take.

ncassidy said:
Like the rocker, check this one out.

Great shot, Noel. When my wee ones outgrow the wooden Guzzi, I'll have to do something like that ... and possibly for me at the nursing home!

Here's the background on mine: http://tinyurl.com/GuzziHobbyHorse

Bill

Just a quick follow-up FWIW in case anyone interested in bags wanted to custom the logo.

In addition to my Norge bags, we asked Karla to do some small bags for the (ridiculously tiny) space Kathi has for a "trunk" in her MINI convertible.

IMG_0870.jpg

Piaggio, of course, could probably care less about use of the Moto Guzzi logo; heck, it's free advertising. But, BMW lawyers would probably launch a nasty cease-&-desist letter within minutes if Karla put on a protected trademark.

So, Karla got creative and asked if we'd like this:

KarlasMINIImage.jpg

Uhm ... yes. :laugh:

Ok Bill. Based on your recommendation and the info on her web site I just ordered a set for my red 2007 Norge. I saw the OEM ones for sale but no good pictures and after trying one of the genuine Guzzi tank bags I am gun shy of their accessories. I did not get the trunk liner but I have a Givi 460 and not the Guzzi trunk anyway. I played conservative and got black K-Dura though I really thought about red.

Rudy

I got my bag liners today. They are great. Nicely made and appear to be shaped to fit the bag just right. They have a separate compartment on the back to fit into the cutout in the saddlebags. I got the heavier K-Dura material.

Rudy

Attachments

• Saddlebag liners.JPG
    Saddlebag liners.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 589
Deevah said:
Best custom liners I have found was at http://www.south-pak.com You will not believe the compliments I have received!

Nice enough website, but could not find what you have. Post pix and particulars when convenient.

I have the "Karla" bags and cannot imagine -- for my (and spousal unit's! :whistle: ) use, anyway -- anything better, especially for the cost.

Regards from Atlanta,

Bill

Wish I'd found this subject sooner, but..... Anyway, needed a pair of pannier liners for my Norge, not knowing about this nice American lady Kathy, who makes nice liners for something north of $100. In my ignorance, I found this website for TLC Products in LA and ordered a pair of liners for mine. Since they don't make em for Norges in particular, I measured my panniers, noted their shapes and looking through their website, http://www.tlcproducts.com/servlet/Detail?no=141, found that their "wide" bags for a Honda ST1100 very closely matched the shape and size of the Norge bags. I bought em for something akin to $45, embroidered! I got em in a few days, they look great, have little pockets in em and the embroidery was done in different colors all for that price.

Sorry Kathy, I didn't know you then!!

Scott

Thanks to Bill Hagan I have purchased bag liners for my 2007 Norge (gone), my 2005 Mini Cooper convertible and my 2012 Suzuki 650 V-Strom from Bags For Bikes. Unfortunately when I went to order a set for my 2012 Norge I was disheartened to find she has closed up shop. I sent her an email telling her so and wished her some good riding time.
She contacted me back and made me a set for my new Norge. :clap: She said the Guzzi group was a good group and if she was contacted and had time she could still make some that she had the templates for. Just not a full time business anymore. Some may question the price but I think compared to other offerings for what you get they are cheap. I even sent her a few bucks extra so she could go buy herself dinner.
I had purchased the OEM Suzuki liners for more money but did not like them, Contacted her and after getting hers I sold the Suzuki ones on eBay.

Thanks to Bill Hagan I have purchased bag liners for my 2007 Norge (gone), my 2005 Mini Cooper convertible and my 2012 Suzuki 650 V-Strom from Bags For Bikes. Unfortunately when I went to order a set for my 2012 Norge I was disheartened to find she has closed up shop. I sent her an email telling her so and wished her some good riding time.
She contacted me back and made me a set for my new Norge. :clap: She said the Guzzi group was a good group and if she was contacted and had time she could still make some that she had the templates for. Just not a full time business anymore. Some may question the price but I think compared to other offerings for what you get they are cheap. I even sent her a few bucks extra so she could go buy herself dinner.
I had purchased the OEM Suzuki liners for more money but did not like them, Contacted her and after getting hers I sold the Suzuki ones on eBay.

Did you contact her at the bags for bikes email address? I was about to order a set of bags a little over a year ago when she closed up and have not been able to find a suitable substitute. Wish I had not procrastinated.

Back