• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dealer issues - Pannier installation?

Saparak

Just got it firing!
Hi
I am a newbie with the 1200 Corsa SE an upgrade to my very reliable 2010 Triumph Thruxton.

Unlike Triumph where there is some much dealer service support I am shocked to find that after three weeks the Guzzi dealer here is still unable to install my panniers because they the instructions were in italian and they cannot figure it out without the instructions. Not very inspiring should something major go wrong!

Is there a copy of the instructions in english anywhere in this group otherwise I reckon the panniers may never be used.

Many thanks in advance :)

It should be similar to the 1100 Breva. If they can't figure it out, take it to a dealer that has a mechanic. How far are you from Roper?

Seriously? I figured out how to install three sets of pannier racks on three different bikes by just looking at the picture.

Roper maybe too far as I am in Adelaide South Australia. Went to dealership and all apologetic but could not say when the distributor would be able to provide english written instructions.

This was a reason for deciding to put aside my warranty and have the PC V and exhaust and airbox mods now rather than later as I did with my Triumph.

I used this to fit mine.

http://www.prodigium.info/pdf/Borse-Lat ... -Norge.pdf

Couldn't have worked it out without this. They are awful things to fit and use. The kindest thing I can say about them is that they hold luggage and they don't appear to make the bike weave at speed. Norge, that is. Strongly recommend you get the inner bags. Not that they fit properly. But if you open them without taking them off they are very difficult to shut again. And they don't come off very easily.

They must have been designed by some idiot who never went touring. But they do get easier to operate with time.

Cheers Richard

ffs .
panniers and fitting are left and right handed

black plastic things mount where bungy hooks are , using bolts and spacers provided , clean out the threads first,( on the bike ) don't forget the bits of rubber x6 ,3 for each side go onto black plastic on the inside to protect your paintwork .

steady bar goes under number plate at the rear , a plate to support them is a good idea ,

funny little plates with ali bracket fit behind pillion footrest , to lock bag on . i don't use the shear bolts cos you might want to take it off one day

this should take no more than 1 hour max.

if you pm me i will see if there are instructions somewhere and email them to you

there are many free translation sites on the internet. In this day and age if your dealer couldn't figure that out I would move to someone else.

Thanks for the responses and I have found the answer in English at www. Prodigium as advised this is a very useful site using the available translations. Oneandonly no need for email but the offer greatly appreciated.

Re future services I may if things don't improve go the 50 kms to the only other dealer in South Australia or else just use a non dealer site considering with my mods I will have access to limited warranty any way.

UPDATE: Provided dealer with the written in English instructions and they eventually found time to do the installation. When I went to pickup they told me that they had the bike setup for panniers but unfortunately the box lacked one pannier lock so unable to instal. Here I am now with 5500 kms later an still I have no panniers!!

The guy after me bought a black 1200 4V and paid for centre stand and heated grips and yes none fitted or worked when installed. The centre stand OEM number was correct but the item boxed was not the right product. Not sure what the issue was with grips but gee is this the norm with MG after sales service?

Re heated grips are they a good item I may invest?

Saparak said:
Re heated grips are they a good item I may invest?

People that have heated grips love them. However I prefer the heated glove option. The heated grips are an investment that goes with the bike, heated gloves stay with me even after that bike is gone.

Back