• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Diag tool used by "certified mechanics" for resets/software updates?

CGuzzi

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Does anyone know the name of the tool "certified mechanics" have access to that allows to check diagnostics, and reset indicator icons?

Absurd you have to pay to have someone flip a switch after doing a 10KM tune up.

It's Guzzi's own software, costing the users mucho $ to have. I currently have the spanner icon showing and service (in warranty period) next week. When I do my own though I can live with it. The spanner is tiny and very discreet.

Well, I work on Guzzi's & still use my VDSTS, it just still works on older laptops. When I worked for dealers I used Axone, then the newer PADS, they cost the dealer $3K for a subscription ea year
SO, why wouldn't they charge. Cheap riders & owners = NO dealers = no access

Want me to rant? You can use the Search function before asking.

Does anyone know the name of the tool "certified mechanics" have access to that allows to check diagnostics, and reset indicator icons?

Absurd you have to pay to have someone flip a switch after doing a 10KM tune up.

No, what's absurd is people who complain that there are no dealers nearby them, and then they don't want to pay a dealer for anything at all but they want them there and immediately available when they need something. That's absurd!

Last edited:
WHOA, easy bruh…

The fact is MG is owned by Piaggio, which is a conglomerate of corporate slugs, who gate keep access to these tools by only selling them to “certified mechanics” who, at the end of the day, may just be some guy who over charges and doesn’t give a sh*t about quality or precision; basically what I found during my first service. I’d rather just use the tool myself, do the repair myself, and be sure it’s done right.

FWIW, I did do a search and looked at several of the posts, so drop the ‘tude. You are first to list the names of the software. Thank you.

Finally, let’s not equate “cheap riders” as the end all to dealers disappearing; there’s always gonna be a guy who doesn’t know shit about working on bikes and would rather just pay for it. And you know what that’s OK. If they are happy to pay the for switch to be flipped for a software that came broken out of the box (eg. eng light), by all means, let them.

I believe in the right to repair, I bought the damn thing didn’t I? Or did I pay ~$9k entry fee into Piaggio’s service-subscription club to ensure their software works properly? Give me a break…

Last edited:
WHOA, easy bruh…

I’d rather just use the tool myself, do the repair myself, and be sure it’s done right.

FWIW, I did do a search and looked at several of the posts, so drop the ‘tude. You are first to list the names of the software. Thank you.
Colt, no reason to go to battle here. Steve here above listed the older options, however and unfortunately the newer bikes MUST visit a dealer to do service resets, etc. Unfortunate part of modern bikes and Piaggio's rule.

The only one I see with excessive " 'tude " here is you my friend. It literally pours out of you all over the place...

You have a twisted sense of reality.

No manufacturer of any vehicle, either motorcycle, car, boat, or airplane, sells their proprietary software to the general public for them to use. This is a fact. Piaggio is no different and this does not make them a "conglomerate of corporate slugs". They are entitled to make a profit from their efforts and if they don't want to sell it to the general public because they protect their franchisees, so be it. I call that good business acumen.

Just because you WANT it, doesn't make it your right to HAVE it.

As I tell people here in my workshop every day, you have the absolute right to fix it yourself. Accordingly, you have the right to develop and write the software yourself to do as you wish, with your motorcycle. Get at it.

It's also always so laughable to read statements from people like you about "absorbent fees to flip a switch" (I think you meant "exorbitant"). I hear this frequently as they stand in my facility, surrounded by my $100,000+ of tools, and $10,000 worth of lifts, and $20,000 worth of computer diagnostic equipment, and my $2-3k a year in software license fees. Oh and the utility bills, and facility operational costs, and and and...

I KNOW TODD GOES THROUGH THIS DAILY IN HIS SHOP TOO!

Yes sir, people like you are always willing to shoot off their big mouth without ever considering the massive financial investment that is involved in a dealership or independent repair facility. I'll give you a piece of advice. You might want to tone it down a bit because clearly, you sound like a "know-it-all" idiot.

Also, I'm positive you must be an expat or foreigner living in the Confoederatio Helvetica because I know many Swiss, and none of them sound at all like you. None.

Last edited:
WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?

In my brief SEARCH, I found this from YOU, over 2 years ago! Yet you claim you don't know the name of the professional software. WTH?

You're obviously just stirring the pot and making shit up..."Why" is the question I want you to answer...

Screen Shot 2022 10 17 at 115849 AM

Screen Shot 2022 10 17 at 120718 PM

Screen Shot 2022 10 17 at 120907 PM

Screen Shot 2022 10 17 at 121020 PM

Last edited:
gosh, it’s a wonder what people did before the internet when the likes of YouTube and other forums weren’t around to democratize basic repair - I guess we were at at the mercy of those expensive operating shop costs you mention, and the honesty of the mechanic, eh?

Calling me an idiot quite rude, and venture/ into Karen and Chad territory. I’m was simply asking a question and stating a different point of view about my feeling towards Piaggio’s lockout. I’m sorry you feel my pov is stupid, or asking a question you took time to answer.

Software is no different than the machine, and you’re right that is something I feel I should also have access too as well. I’m not asking for a refund if I mess it up. Nor did I say I’m not willing to pay for those tools.

I really don’t see what the problem is, and I don’t understand why I should be insulted for a different point of view what it means to “own” something.

OMG you live in denial.

You've obviously gone down this road numerous times before as I have clearly proven. Yet, you come again with the same rhetoric but feigning ignorance. Clearly an outright lie.

Like I said, you have the absolute right to fix it yourself. You do not have a right to demand somebody or a corporation, sell you their proprietary product. Period.

Make your own or pay for the use of it by those who pay for the tool and put up the money to run a dealership.

With your misguided logic, Todd should have to give me all of the software and code for his Flash Tool and his tuning Map, because I bought a Power Commander and Autotune 300 from him. After all, I paid him in full for it, shouldn't I be entitled to the entirety of his work product and not just a single use license? Man, what a rip off :think:

WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?

In my brief SEARCH, I found this from YOU, over 2 years ago! Yet you claim you don't know the name of the professional software. WTH?

You're obviously just stirring the pot and making shit up..."Why" is the question I want you to answer...

View attachment 27129

View attachment 27130

View attachment 27131

View attachment 27132
Oh snap! You know, honestly I forgot about this. Wasn’t trying to stir the pot. I had thought I brought this up on another forum at some point. I obviously have not posted for a while.

OMG you live in denial.

You've obviously gone down this road numerous times before as I have clearly proven. Yet, you come again with the same rhetoric but feigning ignorance. Clearly an outright lie.

Like I said, you have the absolute right to fix it yourself. You do not have a right to demand somebody or a corporation, sell you their proprietary product. Period.

Make your own or pay for the use of it by those who pay for the tool and put up the money to run a dealership.

With your misguided logic, Todd should have to give me all of the software and code for his Flash Tool and his tuning Map, because I bought a Power Commander and Autotune 300 from him. After all, I paid him in full for it, shouldn't I be entitled to the entirety of his work product and not just a single use license? Man, what a rip off :think:s
OMG you live in denial.

With your misguided logic, Todd should have to give me all of the software and code for his Flash Tool and his tuning Map, because I bought a Power Commander and Autotune 300 from him. After all, I paid him in full for it, shouldn't I be entitled to the entirety of his work product and not just a single use license? Man, what a rip off :think:
Okay, just to confirm.

You are saying it’s okay Piaggio or any company to create a machine/software ecosystem in which only they have the tools to fix and repair it, and they decide who can use tools. And they don’t have to give the individual who purchased the bike this ability use the tools and make the repair? Let’s keep in mind, doing it yourself with custom written software and other tools breaks the warranty on the bike.

That is a trap and closed eco system that gives the company power and control over consumer choice and right to repair.

Okay, just to confirm.

You are saying it’s okay Piaggio or any company to create a machine/software ecosystem in which only they have the tools to fix and repair it, and they decide who can use tools. And they don’t have to give the individual who purchased the bike this ability use the tools and make the repair? Let’s keep in mind, doing it yourself with custom written software and other tools breaks the warranty on the bike.

That is a trap and closed eco system that gives the company power and control over consumer choice and right to repair.

My friend...

This is not unique to Piaggio. EVERY SINGLE MANUFACTURER DOES THIS. EVERY ONE.

In the case of Piaggio, and your bike, it's not necessary to have the PADS to do a service. It's just required to turn off the indicator lamp in the dashboard. So, yes, they are entitled to keep that software to themselves and do with it as they see fit.

It's the same for all the makers.

To Anybody Who Might Be Reading This...

Dealers do understand their customers who like to work on their own stuff. I certainly did when I was Brattin Motors BMW Motorcycles in San Diego.

However, those customer would buy their parts and supplies from me and tires, etc. It was nothing to oblige them for a small fee, to quickly reset a service icon.

Consider asking POLITELY of your local dealership, if they would be willing to give you the same courtesy in exchange for patronizing them for parts, etc.

You get a lot more positive response from people offering them something sweet as opposed to something bitter...

I've been on both sides of the fence. I work on the stuff, used to be daily for many years. You might be able to use a game boy on it if you know how. Techno Research also made the Centurian which fixes lites on dash.

There are other software out there if you spend money and buy, I spent $ and bought. Mostly cause I wanted to work & dealer I worked for was cheap. I RIDE OLD STUFF because I work on new stuff. Got an EV 1 bike w/FI. I wouldn't ride the new crap w/china parts if they paid me.

I have 4 different systems.

1. A early Centurion by Techno Research.

2. An Alaris by Techno Research

3. A Socio-300 system from Italy that I bought from Techno Research.

4. Lastly, a complete Harley-Davidson Computer System Interface I bought from, you guessed it, Techno Research.

Sandro, the owner of Techno Research, and I are well acquainted.

None of those earlier systems are available anymore because people kept trying to get stuff for free and Sandro finally had enough. Now, nobody gets diddly squat. Only old customers and repair shops that paid $$$ for the software and hardware.

Back