• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Differences between Breva 750, V7 II and V7III

gasgas

Tuned and Synch'ed
I had a Breva 750 and rode it round France as well as England. I developed a hip pain which turned out to be Illioitable Band Syndrome (which in English means an excrutiatingly painful leg). The seating position was too much like a race-horse jockey position with feet too tucked up under the hips, if you get me.
I loved the bike apart from that and could ride it well. I went out on an Observed Run with the Institute of Advanced Motorcyclists trainer here and he said he couldn't believe that that bike could be ridden like that. He said he teaches racing at Mallory Park and I should go there one day, I would run rings round the blue-and-white leather clad wannabees.
Anyway I sold it and bought various other banale (Aprilia) and downright lethal (Triumph Tiger 800 - whatever you do, do not get a Triumph - their starter circuit is genuinely potentially lethal) and now I am wondering if I should get another V7.
I have 2 questions:
1) Are the footpegs lower on the later models, if so which model should I be looking at?
2) What is /are the differences between the V7 II and the V7 III? There are some reduced price new V7 IIs around.
My Breva was beautiful, I wish I could have lowered the footpegs but the exhaust prevented it.
Andrew
PS how can I upload an image from my PC without giving it a URL?

Thanks John, Here is my ex-Breva. Isn't it pretty? I never saw another one like it and I bemoan the fact that the current models are pretty much all drab in comparison.
Having said that I am now off to view a new V7 III Special which I understand is the only one that has a rev counter now. Seems to me this is the time of year to buy, I can get a new unregistered one for £7000 - and that is the asking price. I'll see what I can do about that, or get some accessories thrown in.
I am also curious about the Roamer. Why would they make a 750 engine and an 850 engine, then some bigger ones - 1100 is it? It's also curious that the Roamer is cheaper than the V7. Odd? P1040110

Well I have just gone to Wheels Motorcycles in Peterborough and tested a V7 III and a Roamer. So I will be collecting a new white Roamer on 27 December. The V7 was OK except that on very light throttle, as you would when moving forwards slowly in a traffic queue it was horribly jerky. I told the salesman expecting him to take an interest and think that might be worth looking into, but he wasn't. I didn't think he was a disinterested salesman, I think I concluded that 'They all do that'. I could have lived with it, but the Roamer was so much smoother on the uptake and more comfortable to ride that it won. Apart from that would you believe that the Roamer is no less than £1000 cheaper than the V7. The Roamer, on the road with all taxes is £6044. I think that is over £2000 less than list. I have no idea why it is cheaper, it seemed more perky on the road. Is it simply that the V7 is more popular? The A1 and A1M roads were fairly full with traffic so I didn't go mad and had about an hour on each bike.
Now I need a flyscreen and a rear carrier. Any suggestions where to get them from? Obviously ebay, but do you have any other ideas?
Wheels have one new one left plus one demonstrator so if you want one, be quick.

The V7 was OK except that on very light throttle, as you would when moving forwards slowly in a traffic queue it was horribly jerky.
Sounds similar to my V7 III, but once I had Todd's fuel fix in place it smoothed out and it's like butter now.

Mayakovski - did you know that Todds fuel fix thing would fix it when you bought it? I can't figure out, if that is 'normal' why would MG release the bike? I would not have bought it if I didn't know that it could be fixed. It wasn't only when the engine was cold, it was the same after an hour's run.

Mayakovski - did you know that Todds fuel fix thing would fix it when you bought it? I can't figure out, if that is 'normal' why would MG release the bike? I would not have bought it if I didn't know that it could be fixed. It wasn't only when the engine was cold, it was the same after an hour's run.
MG have to get the bike past the Euro IV emissions standard. The only way to do that is run it ludicrously lean (and probably a few other -ve tweaks). Todd's fueling fix sorts all that out and makes the bike run the way it should - or even better!

Aah that explains it Dinsdale. Thank you, I completelly get that. I can't think of anywhere like a city or an area where motorbike emissions dictate whether they are allowed inside an emissions zone. Maybe I am just ignorant but I don't think two wheeler emissions apply to London for example.
. . . . now I'll have to go and find out jut as a matter of interest what emissions the Roamer is . . . .
Pity the dealer salesman didn't give me that explanation, I may have gone for the V7 on the understanding there would be extra expense getting the emissions de-commissioned as it were! Still, I think I would have had the Roamer for two reasons, it seemed more comfortable and it was £1000 cheaper. That is more than enough to buy me a metal bending kit (to make a rear carrier - the ebay ones are just too expensive and the prices of the official MG ones are just a joke) and a flyscreen. Heated gloves / bar grips as well.

Back