• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dirty rear end 😱

Uk roads are so dirty in the winter, here is my V100 with less than 50 miles on the clock.
Modern tyres don’t help with dirt splatter but I’d rather have the grip than ride on the tyres that were produced 50 yrs ago.
Is it me or is the V100 a difficult bike to clean, my Aprilia that I traded in for my V100 was much easy to clean. But what ever, I do love the look and ride quality on my new V100. Happy Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 39
I, too, would love to find a functional hugger for the Mandello. It worries me to see the grit and salt all over the suspension components, the brake pipes and reservoir, and the back of the engine. It must be harmful.

I feel the same way about the front end - the radiator and front of the engine are extremely vulnerable. I've ordered the longer Pyramid extender, the Pyramid engine guard, and a radiator guard. But even with the long extender, the spray will extend right up the radiator.

I wish bike manufacturers would offer a full mudguard kit for their bikes. Then style-conscious owners can have a cool looking bike, and people like me could ride their bikes right through the winter, through mud, grit and salt. It would be easily do-able.
I wish for the same, but I believe they do it intentionally so that owners will buy these aftermarket products.
It's shameful in my opinion!

In the case of a properly working rear hugger I wish there was one to buy! So far at least in the UK there's nothing. I know it rains occasionally in Italy so someone must have thought it would be a good idea surely. We don't all limit our riding to sun kissed days. Every wretched manufacturer is the same though.

In the case of a properly working rear hugger I wish there was one to buy! So far at least in the UK there's nothing. I know it rains occasionally in Italy so someone must have thought it would be a good idea surely. We don't all limit our riding to sun kissed days. Every wretched manufacturer is the same though.
There's nothing available in the USA or anywhere else in the world that I've seen. I will try to limit my riding to sun kissed days, but that can't always be guaranteed as showers can appear from nowhere especially in the mountains where I intend to do most of my riding. Hopefully, something will become available in the near future especially since this is the best-selling MG in the past 10 years according to my dealer.

I wish for the same, but I believe they do it intentionally so that owners will buy these aftermarket products.
It's shameful in my opinion!
That only makes sense to me if the factory offers accessories that help in that regard. I doubt that MG or any manufacturer is worried about the success of aftermarket companies.

That only makes sense to me if the factory offers accessories that help in that regard. I doubt that MG or any manufacturer is worried about the success of aftermarket companies.
You're right. But we can never know for sure because we're not able to see whose pockets are being filled lol. I've spent a lot at the MG store, but only a few hundred for aftermarket accessories.

I was going to suggest a traditional scooter with their front fairing running down to integrate into a floor, and partial side covering as well as a full rear mud guard might be about as close as I can think of. I will say both my Road King and California 1400 offered good protection for bike and rider with their full coverage front mud guards, good rear ones, and panniers.

Ok, we all get it. Bike gets dirty.

Thank God for soap and water.

Is it really necessary to beat this poor horse to death daily?

Moving on….

My former R50/2 had proper fenders. The rear was even hinged to facilitate rear tire replacement and also wheel rotation. Yes they were interchangable and the same size. They were very heavy, today everyone wants light bikes and every ounce matters.
kk

Back