• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Does yours run hot?

Yarvis

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
The last couple of times I have taken my touring out I have found it feels a bit hotter to me than it did in the beginning. (I'll be owning two full years this month) I also don't hear the cooling fan(s) come on anymore. I have an older BMW that is also air cooled and it doesn't feel anywhere as hot as the goose. So have any of you guys noticed the heat? Is this normal? What about those fans? Are they working as designed?

I agree with running hot. There was a noticeable difference with the Guzzitech fueling mods.
It runs much cooler. That being said I do not think my fan works.....I have been stuck in stop and go traffic no fan
and also had a 3.5 mile dirt/deep sand road to ride (long story) pipes red hot no fan.
Guess I can ask my dealer to test at 6k miles..

I agree with running hot. There was a noticeable difference with the Guzzitech fueling mods.
It runs much cooler. That being said I do not think my fan works.....I have been stuck in stop and go traffic no fan
and also had a 3.5 mile dirt/deep sand road to ride (long story) pipes red hot no fan.
Guess I can ask my dealer to test at 6k miles..

Mike:
I do remember hearing my fans come on several times but not lately. The heat is almost making me not ride on hot, humid days. My warranty ends the end of July. Looks like I need to bring her in for a check up.

Hmm, didn't even know there was a fan. I'll head back to the dealer this week for them to check it. Thanks guys!!
Does anyone know if or where the thermostat (like a car has ) is located? WITH water cooled you an put in a cooler thermostat. But maybe there is a sensor instead, it would be nice if you could dial in when, or at what temperature, the fan does employ.

The last couple of times I have taken my touring out I have found it feels a bit hotter to me than it did in the beginning. (I'll be owning two full years this month) I also don't hear the cooling fan(s) come on anymore. I have an older BMW that is also air cooled and it doesn't feel anywhere as hot as the goose. So have any of you guys noticed the heat? Is this normal? What about those fans? Are they working as designed?
I noticed the cooling cyl. Fins go only half way around, perhaps there is more cooling to be done by the oil cooler and fan than just the air cooling alone. I have never heard my fan run, although it may have, I just can't see it, or hear it when I ride

I have heard my fan run. I notice it on hot day here in Victoria, hot meaning 27-29 degrees. After riding around town, slow moving when you shut down the bike turn the ignition on to allow the fan to run.

Hmm, didn't even know there was a fan. I'll head back to the dealer this week for them to check it. Thanks guys!!
I looked it up, thermal switch down near van, could there be different spec. one for hotter ambient temperature?

I looked it up, thermal switch down near van, could there be different spec. one for hotter ambient temperature?
Wait,I realized the fan would only matter at slow or stopped. Running down the road the oil radiator should have plenty of air circulation.

My bike runs much cooler with Todds fueling changes. I can ride with shorts! but I am always interested in keeping things cool as the desert here is 105-110F right now,

At what price?
Dave, I would like to give you my thoughts about the price, first you can find out prices of fueling mods in the store section, I have the mods on my bike, and I don't like to spend money, but this is something every one must consider, if you want to change the exhaust on any bike you usually make fueling changes so even though there are many exhausts to choose from there really is only one place that makes or supplies the fueling mods that will work on our bikes. When I first considered making these changes, I made calls to Texas & Washington to see what the well-known.Guzzi guys had to offer, they all said they had nothing. I had read something about Rexxer & the mechanic in houston there said they tried it on a demo bike but the could not help me with any other than stock mapping. Then I found this site and did some reading. Whether or not you want to change your bike is up to you & your pocketbook, but I think you are in the right place if upgrades are what you want

If things go right tonight with a ATV I'm looking at selling I will be getting my fuel mods next week. The biggest reason is so it will run cooler with to me equals last longer.

...I will be getting my fuel mods next week. The biggest reason is so it will run cooler with to me equals last longer...

I had the Lafranconi Sport pipes, then added the GT-Rx fueling mods. I suppose it runs cooler, but the overwhelming effect is the almost startling improvement in how well the bike runs. It will make you smile. Or laugh out loud.

Stephen

Back