Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Drilling the Norge OEM mufflers

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by sempervee, Feb 7, 2012.

1. sempervee

sempervee Tuned and Synch'ed

Being an old HD guy we use to run a long drill bit up into the muffler a few times to free up the breathing a little and give it a better sound... Has anyone done this with their Norge or Breva and can talk about the outcome ?

2. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler

I thought about it on the Sport and I actually have a spare muffler cut open. It's not a straight muffler as the internal pipe is like a very squashed Z. The rest of the muffler is packing. Let us know how you get on.

3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Not as easy as it used to be (as Tony hints to above)... most all of the modern mufflers have complex chambers and packing, and the Norge has a cat-con. It would require for it to be cut apart, gutted, and put back together. If you do this, please take pics(!) to post here.

4. alguzzi

alguzzi Just got it firing!

Im thinking about gutting the cat would not be difficult at all,just worried about weather or not it would need the F.I.
    remaped?Already drilled the pipe.

5. sempervee

sempervee Tuned and Synch'ed

Where did you put holes? Inside diameter between the chrome outer covering and muffler or directly inside? How many and what size holes? How did it make the sound differ?
    Thanks......

6. alguzzi

alguzzi Just got it firing!

I welded a I think was a 1" hole say on a 1/4" rod and sliped it into the inner pipe straight in.It Gave it a little grunting sound.Next I want to gut the Cat by cutting the top of the cat off clean it out and reweld it back on.