• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Durability/Quality question

Not to sound like a broken record but I just put nearly 10,000 miles on a brand new,2016, Eldorado this last summer. They were all highway miles starting in Seattle to my home in Wyoming. From there I went on a loop through Northern Minnesota and Wisconsin. Next came a round trip through Kansas and Virginia. The last ride was through Montana and the Dakota's before it got put up for the winter. The bike never missed a beat or even hinted that it might strand me somewhere. It had some drivability issues due to lean factory fueling but Todd has sorted that out for me. This is my third Moto Guzzi starting out with a used 2007 Norge. No problems with any of them that would have interrupted a trip. I wouldn't hesitate to take mine anywhere.
Garwood

IMG 20170622 141308766 22 IMG 20170715 095432783 IMG 20170717 093704316 HDR

I've not bought a Moto Guzzi new other than the new V7III Racer. All my others (850-T3, LeMans V, and 850-T) were used and acquired with some 'previous owner issues' that needed to be taken care of. All three of those ran flawlessly and for huge mileage's once I took care of those issues.

The V7III Racer was near perfect right out of the dealership. I've improved it in minor ways with a couple of detail modifications, but (as I said to my moto buddies) just as I got it, I'd have no problems getting on it and riding back and forth from California to New York. If I had purchased it in July, I'd have done that by now. There's nothing magically difficult to understand about it, mechanically, and the only question mark I've had is the EFI system, which I now understand somewhat more thoroughly than when I bought it.

Yeah, some things might not be fixable on the side of the road, but the same was always true of nearly any machine. A broken circlip can stop you in your tracks just as surely as a dead ECU... I have every confidence that the Racer will be darn reliable, and (compared to some other modern bikes) it is surely easy to work on.

G

One thing I think needs to be mentioned, is that these machines are hand built. That's important as no two are exactly alike. For example when I got my 1400 Custom, I read in the forums about all the bikes that were having exhaust cross over pipes cracking. I went and ordered one of Todd's SS replacement units with just a little shy of 4000 miles on the clock. Well here it is, at 20,000+ miles and the OEM pipe is still in good shape and the SS pipe still in the box. On the other hand, my instrument cluster keep fogging up and was replaced under warranty only to have the new cluster do the same. Others across the world have had a mixed bag with this same issue, some having the problem and some not. Overall though, the bike has never left me stranded, inconvienced perhaps, i.e. a faulty clutch sensor and some time later, a failed rear brake sensor, still.... it was ridable. I came off of a couple of "Never Broke Down Ever "Goldwings but would I trade the Guzzi for one? No way.

I read in the forums about all the bikes that were having exhaust cross over pipes cracking. I went and ordered one of Todd's SS replacement units with just a little shy of 4000 miles on the clock. Well here it is, at 20,000+ miles and the OEM pipe is still in good shape and the SS pipe still in the box... I came off of a couple of "Never Broke Down Ever "Goldwings but would I trade the Guzzi for one? No way.
Yep, you're Guzzi addicted like most of the rest of us here.
I would bet, if you looked closely at your crossover pipe bracing, you will find stress-cracks. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. ;)

Back