• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Early Impressions V100

TennesseeSmith

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I've had the bike five days now. Between work and rain, I've only put 400 miles on it. But I think that's enough for some initial thoughts:

The bike is very comfortable. I think I could do multiple 600 mile days back to back without suffering.

Performance is really good too. I haven't pushed it too hard yet. But it moves down the road nicely when I twist the throttle. I've ridden on highways and backroads. The bike handles both situations nicely. And it just seems to go where I'm looking in the twisties. I'll push it a bit harder after the initial service.

I'm still waiting for the saddle bags. In the mean time, I'll be putting a tail bag on the rear seat. I've been wearing a backpack so far.

I'll be ordering the taller windshield. I prefer to ride without the face shield on my helmet. But out in the wind, my eyes water quite a bit in temperatures below 50 degrees F.

I noticed an oddity with the temperature display. On Thursday morning it was saying either 33 or 34 degrees F for the first half of my commute. Then it said either 1 or 2 degrees F for the second half of the ride. Both readings said F. It did not switch to C. My commute is about 20 miles.

I put some pictures at tennesseesmith.smugmug.com. I'll be adding more pictures of the bike as I add accessories. And I'll post some pictures of the bike parked in front of interesting sights.

It is very nimble. It is easy to ride while standing on the rough roads.

The engine has a very nice feel. It pulses, but it's not buzzy. It seems to feel best at about 4000 to 5000 rpm.

I think 900 miles is a bit excessive for the break-in period. The local roads are ideal for the break-in. I don't run very long under a constant load or at a constant speed. I have lots of twisties with hills in my local riding area.

I really like the size and weight of the bike. It is very easy to maneuver in the garage. When I stop, both feet are planted firmly on the ground. This seat is much lower than the Niken GT I traded.

Filling the gas tank without splashing is a bit tricky. It may take me a few more tanks of gas to figure it out. The little funnel in the mouth of the tank needs to come out.

I'm not real confident in the speedometer. I'm having to run 74 mph to keep up with traffic on the four lane near where I work. Normally, I run 70 and I'm among the fastest guys on that road. I have a Garmin Zumo that came off the Niken. I'll try to get it mounted on the V100 next weekend. Then I can compare speed readings. Maybe everyone was just in a hurry this week.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the bike. I think this will be one of my favorites.

A friend just bought one , he brought it out to our meet up spot just east of Sarasota! It’s one cool bike, if I didn’t already have a V85TT, id buy one! My V85TT is a pain in the but to fill up as well.

Nice write up TS👍😁. FWIW, my Ducati ST3S and Norge both seem to think I’m going faster than I am… by about 5 mph. Maybe it’s an Italian thing🧐.

Great pics of your bike TS in SmugMug portfolio. Looks great at the river crossing. I also noticed you have an Allroad wagon. I'm also a wagon fan, I have a 2020 E-450 wagon.

Keep us in the loop on your bike and let us know what the break-in service costs when you get it. Stay safe!

I now have 1567 miles on the bike. I still don't have the saddle bags. The bike is not very practical without the bags. But it's a lot of fun. I'm riding my Honda more than the new bike. The Honda has lockable bags.

I'm hoping to get the taller shield and the saddle bags soon. The only change I've made so far is to pull the bars back and up a bit. I'm more comfortable sitting up a bit straighter. I bought a USB jack for the dash. I plan to use that to power my GPS device.

The initial service was $193.

I've done most of my riding in Tour mode. Sport mode is fun, but I prefer to relax and take in the scenery. I've played around with the little aero wings a bit. In colder weather, they make a noticeable difference. I'm getting about 43 miles per gallon of gasoline. I'm running 93 octane. I've resolved the splashing problem by filling the tank slowly. I would like to have a bigger tank. I'm filling up way too often.

I'll put some more pictures on SmugMug. Here's one:

Cumberland Falls Small 0088

Wow, I feel your initial service cost was very reasonable! Hope you get your bags and screen soon. I’m still waiting for bags, as well. Good luck - hope the bike remains reliable for you!

My initial service was $510. Ouch. Oil and filter (4+qts of full synthetic Motul), valve clearance check (dont know if they were adjusted) and head bolts torqueing. They reset a throttle position something-or-other too, but related to my earlier issue and not a part of the set price.

I am waiting for my side cases too and was told end of this month (ordered a month ago). Looking forward to taking a 2 nighter trip as soon as I get them. Would like to test out the tour part of "sport tourer" before any longer trips.

Reactions: BDS
Yes, that’s more along the lines of service and cost that I would expect. Not that it’s an easy pill to swallow!😳

I now have 1567 miles on the bike. I still don't have the saddle bags. The bike is not very practical without the bags. But it's a lot of fun. I'm riding my Honda more than the new bike. The Honda has lockable bags.

I'm hoping to get the taller shield and the saddle bags soon. The only change I've made so far is to pull the bars back and up a bit. I'm more comfortable sitting up a bit straighter. I bought a USB jack for the dash. I plan to use that to power my GPS device.

The initial service was $193.

I've done most of my riding in Tour mode. Sport mode is fun, but I prefer to relax and take in the scenery. I've played around with the little aero wings a bit. In colder weather, they make a noticeable difference. I'm getting about 43 miles per gallon of gasoline. I'm running 93 octane. I've resolved the splashing problem by filling the tank slowly. I would like to have a bigger tank. I'm filling up way too often.

I'll put some more pictures on SmugMug. Here's one:

View attachment 29752
Comfort and performance are both crucial aspects of any motorcycle, and it sounds like you're quite pleased with both. Feeling the same about the site I use to read sport news and look for freetbets and special offers: https://legalbet.uk/betting-offers/ Way to go, Man!

Last edited:
My initial service was $510. Ouch. Oil and filter (4+qts of full synthetic Motul), valve clearance check (dont know if they were adjusted) and head bolts torqueing. They reset a throttle position something-or-other too, but related to my earlier issue and not a part of the set price.

I am waiting for my side cases too and was told end of this month (ordered a month ago). Looking forward to taking a 2 nighter trip as soon as I get them. Would like to test out the tour part of "sport tourer" before any longer trips.
I scream BS! There is no way in hell they re-torqued the heads or set the valves. The book doesn't call for it and no Guzzi bike since 2016 needs the heads torqued.

I wish (I) were closer - I’d stop in. (I did just buy some airbox clips for my Ducati, via your web store😉). Thx for what you do!

I wish (I) were closer - I’d stop in. (I did just buy some airbox clips for my Ducati, via your web store😉). Thx for what you do!
Thanks, but unless it was on GTMotoCycles.com it likely wasn't us. Caveat Emptor.

Reactions: BDS
Thanks, but unless it was on GTMotoCycles.com it likely wasn't us. Caveat Emptor.
My bad😕. The seller was guzzitech, which I thought might have been an eBay store. I even added a comment - “Best to Todd.” Unintentionally misplaced… but, still heartfelt🙌😁.

Back