• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

ecu message

radders

Just got it firing!
Hello
I have just had a strange time with my stelvio after the winter lay up, I switched her on and had a ecu error presented to me on the dash. The alarm is reset and all the diagnosic readings for the ecu are at zero, I however did not have the netral light on even though the bike was in netral this error persisted even after checking the connections to the ecu and the alarm, I did manage to get the error to reset though more than accident than planned by raising and lowering the side stand the ecu suddenly reset and the fuel pump came on and the bike now starts I only hope this does not happen out on the road. Does anybody know if a faulty side stand switch can cause such an error?

Radders ;)

Side stand switches are know to cause problems. It wouldn't hurt to check and clean any connections to your switch. Did the neutral light function again? If not I'd look into that as it will impact your starting with all the electronic safety interlocks built into the bikes these days.

Hello
Yes the netral light did work again. I have tried bike again today and it works fine,It's a bit worrying though as it could mean a roadside recovery if it reoccurs when out and about.It will take a few rides to get cofidence back.

Radders

There have been a few cases of improperly installed pins on the connectors that plug into the ECU The pin was not installed properly and it was backing out causing intermittent contact. The owners that have found this just pushed the pin through the connector further until it is at the proper length. I do not know if this would cause the fault code you are talking about. You might want to look there.

Hello everybody
Just an update on my error with the ecu i did some more investigation as the fault reoccured and eventually found that a crimp connector on the fuse box had not been inserted correct (had not clipped fully home) when built and had worked it's way off the fuse ending up just resting against the fuse blade so every now and then would give the ecu error on the dash when it lost contact with the fuse quite why moving the side stand up and down originally solved the error i don't know.perhaps a bit of vibration through the frame remade the connection.
Radders :D

Wayne Orwig said:
Glad you found it.
It sounds like Italian electrics are, well, still Italian. :lol:

With a good bunch of Lucas Electrics thrown in for good measure!

Shrike said:
Wayne Orwig said:
Glad you found it.
It sounds like Italian electrics are, well, still Italian. :lol:

With a good bunch of Lucas Electrics thrown in for good measure!

You could have gon a life time without mentioning those famous words (Lucas Electrics). I spent years chasing electrical issues on a 67 E type Jag, finally I just rewired the entire car for my father. After that it ran like a top. I am now doing the same thing for my daughter, she purchased a old TR6, dropped it off at the house and said Daddy would you please fix my car for me, none of the lights work. Should have it done in two weeks.

BTW, if anyone needs a bunch of junk Lucas relays that are well used and abused, let me know, I have a shoe box full getting ready to go to the dump.

Back