• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Engine Bars

FrostBittenCanadian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hello again: Picked up my Stelvio at the end of Mar. And have put about 500km on it. ( the weather has been a bit against it still). Oh yeah I 've noticed my riding skills are shit after a 17 year gap. (I'm working on it) . Just recently I put the rear tire on some diesel fuel at an intersection, soon as the clutch started to come out down I went on the right side( yeah I know I suck...I let an Italian bike hit the ground!) Anyway the guzzi engine bar did it's job no damage to bike whatsoever except for a small scuff on the r/h side engine bar... I carried on feeling like a jackass. Looking at the bike later I noticed the r/h engine bar is quite a bit closer to the cylinder than the l/h side. To make a long story short eventually looking at it pissed me off enough to get a replacement. When the new one was fitted it was exactly the same if not a littlecloser. When the two bars are compared there is no deviation in the original. The new one is exactly the same shape. I've seen another Stelvio with the bars fitted and they are about the same distance from the jugs. WTF? Now I know someone will suggest the bike is bent , but all it did was fall on it's side nothing that should bend the bike,there's no damage to it! Anywhere. Has anyone out there noticed inconsitency to the shape of the MG engine bars? Oh yeah love the bike looks bitchin ,sounds like a monster goes like stink,handles like it's on a rail and I can't take it out without someone losing their mind over it. Anyway I'll be interested to hear what Y'all think. FBC

The 2 cylinders are asymmetrical mounted as you can see when you look at them from the top. One is further forward the the other one. So your engine bars should be perfectly symmetrical but your engine isn't... That's normal due to the construction of the motor/crankshaft or camshaft. I allways get confused with all the parts of an engine in English, but that's the general idea. Maybe someone can explane it in better/technical English.

Keep the shiny side up! ;)

I understand what your talking about Breva, the r/h cyl. Is forward of the left due to 1 crankshaft journal being in front of the other, which is what I thought should explain it. Then I looked at the Stelvio sitting in my dealers show room with a set of guzzi bars on it and it has quite a large gap between the forward fins and the bar on the right cylinder, just like the left side. On my bike the bar/ fins distance is about half or less. This is what I find puzzling.

The bar is mounted to the engine casting in the front and the frame/transmission in the back. You couldn't bend that stuff. Break it maybe, but not bend it.

Keep your eyes up, look well ahead.
It is a good driving skill and you ignore such things. :laugh:

Absolutely Wayne nothing bent or broken I proved that to myself yesterday with a new bar on hand. It's the Inconsistency between the copies that I don't Get.

I just installed a pair of Hebco crash bars and they fit fine. I took it to the dealer and the right side was about an inch and a half off. I called the company where i bought them from to tell them and they did not seem to helpful. They did tell me when installing them make sure to finger tighten all the screws and it should fit well. I even had them speak to the installer. Well, I tried it this weekend to my great success. It actually worked. They don't look as nice as the originals but they are also half the price. :)

I've seen 4 sets of MG bars now on 3 different Stelvios. Guess what, all of the bars fit differently. The distance from the cylinders is different on them all. Most noticeable on the r/h side. Oh well.

Back