• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

enter code

fossilrider

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey folks,Steve here (aka Fossil or Foss).I need some input about a problem with my sick baby,a '07 Griso 1100.My grandson had a minor crash on it,basically cosmetic stuff,and in the process of replacing the damaged parts and getting it up and going again we can't get it to stop displaying the "enter code" message.It does it every time the switch is turned on.Once you enter the code and start the bike,we then get the "service" message.We have gone to the diagnostic menu and cleared the service message but it is still there.It has sat since the wreck(3 months) and the battery was low but we have charged it.Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Steve

Steve

I don't know the Griso, but I'm just wondering from the accident was the ECU or clocks changed. A lot of bikes these days have their immobilizers locked in to the clocks and ECU and clocks are matched. If you change either it can give problems.

Do you know what ECU is in the Griso? You may be able to diagnose further using Ducatidiag, which is free and all you need are the necessary leads, a lot cheaper than the propriety Axone or VSDTS or whatever its called.

All this is pure guessing but if you have somebody more knowledgable on ECU type it could help.

Link to Ducatidiag here: jpl250rs.perso.sfr.fr/index.html

and Forum here: ducatidiag.xooit.com/index.php

John

if it keeps asking for the user code and then fires up when it is entered it means that the key chip isn't being recognised. Most likely cause is that the antenna has been damaged.

Pete

It will take either a dealer or VDST (I offer it HERE - pricing is pretty reasonable to have it in the toolbox) to find out what the problem is. It could be a simple sensor issue, or something a little more complex as Pete has hinted to. I do not know if the home-brew DucatiDiag will assist you in trouble-shooting such issues, perhaps someone who owns it can tell you.

GT-Rx said:
It will take either a dealer or VDST (I offer it HERE - pricing is pretty reasonable to have it in the toolbox) to find out what the problem is. It could be a simple sensor issue, or something a little more complex as Pete has hinted to. I do not know if the home-brew DucatiDiag will assist you in trouble-shooting such issues, perhaps someone who owns it can tell you.

Todd, if this has anything to do with the key and associated antenna, doe the VDST system catch that type of problem?

Thanks so much guys.I am probably the least-knowlegable person any of you have met when it comes to all this high tech stuff,and I don't seem to be gaining much ground in that area.The bike,best I can tell,did a low speed highside (if that makes sense) since the curve was to the left and the damage was on the right.He said it started to slide (too much rear brake,I surmise) as he was entering the left-hander,When he let off the brake it must have then caught traction and highsided.However,by the small amount of cosmetic damage,he couldn't have been going too fast by the time it hit the ground.Anyway,what I'm getting at is,could that be enough of a hit to screw up something in the computer/electronics? Are they that fragile? I realize this would be hard to tell with only this much info,but just wondering.The tech guy at the dealer I use is supposed to be there today and I will pick his brain.They are the closest dealer to me (Dahlonega,Ga.) about 80 miles away.If it weren't so far,I would just take it to them.Might end up having to anyway.Meantime,I'll keep in mind your input and see what happens.I was just hoping someone had been through the same scenario and knew a surefire quick fix.When I get it fixed,I'll post the results for all to see in case you do have the same issue in the future.Thanks again.Steve

fossilrider said:
Thanks so much guys.I am probably the least-knowlegable person any of you have met when it comes to all this high tech stuff,and I don't seem to be gaining much ground in that area.The bike,best I can tell,did a low speed highside (if that makes sense) since the curve was to the left and the damage was on the right.He said it started to slide (too much rear brake,I surmise) as he was entering the left-hander,When he let off the brake it must have then caught traction and highsided.However,by the small amount of cosmetic damage,he couldn't have been going too fast by the time it hit the ground.Anyway,what I'm getting at is,could that be enough of a hit to screw up something in the computer/electronics? Are they that fragile? I realize this would be hard to tell with only this much info,but just wondering.The tech guy at the dealer I use is supposed to be there today and I will pick his brain.They are the closest dealer to me (Dahlonega,Ga.) about 80 miles away.If it weren't so far,I would just take it to them.Might end up having to anyway.Meantime,I'll keep in mind your input and see what happens.I was just hoping someone had been through the same scenario and knew a surefire quick fix.When I get it fixed,I'll post the results for all to see in case you do have the same issue in the future.Thanks again.Steve

Be thankful that one of the best dealers in the SE is "only" 80 miles away from you, I bought my Griso from them and it is "only" 460 miles away from me, Do yourself a favor take it there, Steve the Guzzi mechanic and a friend is top notch.

Back