• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

F****** petrol pipe!

commando tod

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Can`t believe my poxy luck. 2 years after changing the dreaded internal petrol pump pipe, the f******g thing has gone again! As luck would have it, it happened right outside the front door as I got home. Wondering why it cut out as it never has before, tried the starter, just spun up without firing. Opened the fuel cap, switched on the ignition, yup!, that old familiar swirl of fuel when the pipe comes adrift. I`ll have a look in the morning, figure out why it`s come adrift. Can`t be the shitty clips that came with the pipe as I didn`t use them. used proper screw clips instead. must be the crap pipe that Guzzi supplied as a replacement. The only reason I stuck it in there was because It was lying around ready and I didn`t have immediate access to a proper fully submersible fuel pipe. So, will have to do it again tomorrow, but this time, not a half arsed job with a shite pipe. I should`ve known better but will have to source a proper submersible pipe. :lol: :woohoo: :lol: :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :lol: :lol: :roll: :woohoo: (I stuck these smilies up `cos you gotta laugh sometimes or you`ll end up in a rubber room. And the beer helps)

OK. whipped the tank off, out with the pump. The hose clamp holding the hose to the pump was not as tight as it could`ve been. Entirely my fault as when I fitted the new pipe a while back, I didn`t want to overtighten the clamp on the pump side just in case I crushed/split the plastic outlet on the pump. During the last couple of years, the hose, while still remaining good/ serviceable, became slightly soft, which meant the clamp didn`t clamp as tightly as when fitted to a harder plastic pipe. I suppose the very hot weather we`re getting at the moment might have had an influence on softening the pipe, but that`s no excuse for me not doing the job correctly the fist time. Shoved the pipe back on and tightened the clamp as much as it should`ve been the first time.
Lesson learned. Wasted about an hour of my life which I cannot get back `cos I didn`t do the job right the first time. At the moment, I`m beating myself up about it and consoling myself with a few bottles of London Pride beer. :woohoo:
I wonder if this has happened to anyone else? Or won`t they admit it? When we`re right,hell, we`re right. When we`re wrong, it`s someone else fault! :lol: :lol:

Had to do the same repair on the roadside in France a couple of weeks ago to a late Cali. The owner had refitted the pipe only a couple of weeks before. Doubt it has come off again though.
Never did find out what Jubilee clip was in french.

Brian UK said:
Had to do the same repair on the roadside in France a couple of weeks ago to a late Cali. The owner had refitted the pipe only a couple of weeks before. Doubt it has come off again though.
Never did find out what Jubilee clip was in french.
Le jooblee cleep sil vous plait monsieur! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used those clips on my Stelvio. Was a real bitch getting it all back into the tank with those ears the screw goes through. I hope I don't have to pull it out soon.

Yes I did wonder about that. Not had the problem on the Norge, but plan to do a bit of preventative maintenance soon. I'll also swap the half plastic filter. Yes they do go even with our fuel, the ethanol free stuff.

Back