Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

FAC fork dumpers on a SP 1000 question

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by ARVENO, Mar 11, 2013.

1. ARVENO

ARVENO Cruisin' Guzzisti

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

3. ARVENO

ARVENO Cruisin' Guzzisti

4. Chris R

Chris R Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'd think about putting gaiters on - the forks will last quite a bit longer and it gives the bike a retro look. The ones on my lemans are, I think, OEM BMW.

5. T Bill

T Bill Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Agree on gaiters. I put replacement wiper boots on a few years ago, and the rubber was too soft. The wiper edge rolled under instead of sliding. The stock shocks I put in with them failed after a few thousand miles, so I put gaiters on when I took those out and put in Bitubos.
    BG

6. ARVENO

ARVENO Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thank you for your input , i was talking over the phone the other day with Gordon ( MGcycle ) regarding the two rubber fork wipers they sells , he told me the economic ones are made of too soft rubber....telling me exactly what you just said.
    He suggested to buy the "expensive" ones because the compound they are made is stiffer and closer to the original one.

I obviously got the ones he suggested me to buy....will see how long they will last....( if they fail i will got with the gators )

thanks
    Marco

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=551

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=3053

7. T Bill

T Bill Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Maybe I should give Gordon a call. When I bought my wipers(several years ago), I don't recall a choice between cheap crap and more expensive stuff that actually works.

8. lucky phil

lucky phil Cruisin' Guzzisti