Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Factory Engine guard message

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Dec 10, 2010.

1. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

2. coldcanuck

coldcanuck Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: Enginge guard message

Can anyone identify the bars pictured in the drawing?

Cory

3. scstelvio

scstelvio Just got it firing!

Looks like Hepko Becker to me. See the decal in photo #1.

4. Bieze

Bieze Just got it firing!

But what if it drops without the bars?

There will always be something 'stressed', (or somebody... ;) )

5. fatal

fatal Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I've got hepco and becker fitted, I'll give it a close inspection tomorrow.

6. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Without actually having seen the HB crashbars it has always been one of my concerns that any sort of bar attatched to the frme mounts at the front would significantly increase the chances of bending the frame or busting the timing chest/ crankcase in the event of a spill.

Certainly the bars I've seen for the Griso all have this issue and it, along with the fact that I think they are almost universally as ugly as a bucket of boiled scrotums, is what has prevented me from fitting them.

Certainly with those bars shown I would at the very least hope that there is some sort of spacer that goes betwixt the frame and the crashbar so that the clamping force of the bolt is applied where it should be rather than on the flange of the mounting bushing.

Pete

7. Hit Man

Hit Man Tuned and Synch'ed

.....This is exactly why I machined a pair of these before I ever even thought of installing the Mistral bars on my G11.

Attached Files:

8. beezer

beezer Just got it firing!

I am not sure i have the same vintage Hepco Beckers since they don't involve the radiator at all, but I had a slow speed low side because the bike hit some sand and they saved the bike any damage. I looked it all over carefully and the guards (minor scrape) but the bike is fine. Sure am glad I had them on there.

9. jar3ds

jar3ds Just got it firing!

How can I get into the Prime Service website? I bought my Stelvio used... Can I still get a username and password??

10. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I believe that site has become dealer/service agent only.

11. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura