Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Faulty Power Commander 111USB- can it be repaired?

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by guzzirider, Sep 3, 2011.

1. guzzirider

guzzirider Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have been running a PC111USB on my Guzzi Jackal cafe racer and she has been running superbly ever since I got a custom map made up in Dynobike in Malton.

Last weekend I was riding down from Huddersfield to Hampshire in torrental rain showers when my bike suddenly cut out in Salisbury, and to cut to the chase, after checking all the obvious causes I unplugged the Power Commander and popped the original lead inside the ECU and she started.

I noticed that the block connectors on the PC lead were full of water, so I have left everything to dry for a week in my warm garage and just reconnected the PC and hey presto she still won't start so I'm guessing its broken.

All the lights flash up on the PC when I switch the ignition on, and the fuel pump engages but she won't fire up.

Assuming the PC is the problem, does anyone know if they can be repaired?

Cheers

Guy

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Guy, call Dynojet on Monday and ask them if you can send it in for testing/repair. They're really good about things like this. Water/corrosion in the connector is the only thing that can make them quit. The connectors are well sealed on the 15M, so that's suprising to hear.

3. guzzirider

Thanks Todd! I will give Dynojet a call. To be fair it was some of the worse rain I have experienced since I started riding 23 years ago and I may as well have thrown the bike in the sea it was so wet.

Thanks again

Guy

4. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

You might want to wait until Tuesday. Monday is a US holiday and they may be closed.

5. guzzirider

Thanks John. I was going to try Dynojet in the UK first.

Cheers

Guy