• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Finally a V7C !!!!!!!!!!!

draidt

High Miler
GT Contributor
Bought today over the phone, as it was just about being unloaded from the delivery truck, This is my bike, pictures taken by a forum member, will bring it home on Friday, dealer is 350+ miles from me.

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Wow... A Guy on the "wild" site just did the same thing!

Congatulations! But I think he was first...

sbaker wrote:
Wow... A Guy on the "wild" site just did the same thing!

Congatulations! But I think he was first...

I thought that was the "mild" site ! :lol:

Nice, congrats draidt! I'll be awaiting your info as the first one for the Registry! ;)

Here it is

Just a quick picture at the dealers, It sure is Purtty.

Except

Picture117.jpg

See that thing hanging down behind the sump just in line with brake peg, It's is the evap canister it looks real ugly in person with a large brown hose coming from under the tank running exposed down to it really cant see it in the picture. The can and hose will reside within a week in a box labeled V7 EPA crap along side of the box labeled Norge EPA crap. There is sensible green but not ridiculous green in my opinion.

I release more fuel vapors to the atmosphere on one fill up of my van then will be released from all my bikes combined in a year just sitting or being ridden without canisters.

I don't know issues what Piaggo's engineers have with the Evap Systems on their bikes, but EVERY SINGLE one of them that I've tested lately has this huge Evap Cannister out there, looking like a discarded can of Bud Light.

I've begun to believe that it's a tongue in cheek message to take the thing off as soon as it's delivered, and they are just making it easy for you. You can almost double the under-seat storage, which in itself is considerable, in the Piaggio Maxi-Scoots by removing the Cannister as they hide it under a US-Only bulkhead in the storage area.

The Evap system is definitely a nuisance -- I wonder if it has a lot to do with all the additives in gasoline now. I read that the GP cars put out by Mercedes/Auto Union in the 30's had exotic blends of fuel that could cause caustic burns; and if I recall, they had some special blends in the early 90's during the Turbo era.

Good luck with your V7. I'd be very interested in your first hand experiences and would love to quote you in the future. I'm looking forward to riding one in the Spring.

Danilo

Take a look at where they are on the new Aprilias... Right out in the open... easy access for adjustment... !

Nice, draidt. Looks classic indeed, with that puddle of whatever it is under it, in the top pic :silly:

RJVB wrote:
Nice, draidt. Looks classic indeed, with that puddle of whatever it is under it, in the top pic :silly:

Metal floor plate access cover for an electrical outlet. You had me look !:woohoo:

Home Sweet Home

PC151952.jpg

PC131944.jpg

PC131947.jpg

The sorting out begins

Valves were set too tight, Luigi strikes again !
Should be .004 intake and .006 exhaust, only one I could get to go in was the .004 on the left exhaust. Exhaust headers were changing patina at different levels, it looked like the right was hotter then the left that was my tip off and verified by what I found.It was cold blooded, not any more.

I wish my Norge's throttle response was as smooth as the V7, on off transition is without the annoying harshness, Drive line lash is virtually nil.
Fit and Finish exterior wise is excellent, cannot find any flaws in the paint yet.
Trying to figure out where the tool pouch goes manual is very vague, (they won't give you one if there is no where to store it would they ?:lol:
Work on getting rid of the obligatory warning labels with damaging the paint Guzzi thoughtfully place a sticker on the tank's right side just above the hesd the complete hosing diagram of the charcoal canister system. Will make it a lot easier to do the cantectomy.:laugh:

draidt wrote:
Home Sweet Home

PC151952.jpg

PC131944.jpg

PC131947.jpg

The sorting out begins

Should be .004 intake and .006 exhaust, only one I could get to go in was the .004 on the left exhaust. Exhaust headers were changing patina at different levels, it looked like the right was hotter then the left that was my tip off and verified by what I found.It was cold blooded, not any more.

I wish my Norge's throttle response was as smooth as the V7, on off transition is without the annoying harshness, Drive line lash is virtually nil.
Fit and Finish exterior wise is excellent, cannot find any flaws in the paint yet.
Trying to figure out where the tool pouch goes manual is very vague, (they won't give you one if there is no where to store it would they ?:lol: )
Working on getting rid of the obligatory warning labels with damaging the paint Guzzi thoughtfully place a sticker on the tank's right side just above the hesd the complete hosing diagram of the charcoal canister system. Will make it a lot easier to do the cantectomy.:laugh:

draidt wrote:
draidt wrote:
Home Sweet Home

PC151952.jpg

PC131944.jpg

PC131947.jpg

The sorting out begins

Trying to figure out where the tool pouch goes manual is very vague, (they won't give you one if there is no where to store it would they ?:lol: )
Working on getting rid of the obligatory warning labels without damaging the paint Guzzi thoughtfully place a sticker on the tank's right side just above the head the complete hosing diagram of the charcoal canister system. Will make it a lot easier to do the cantectomy.:laugh:

Draidt, love the shot with the Norge shadow. I'm sure you've seen by now, but you're the first on the Registry.

Good report, Christian. Your gas consumption and numbers seem to match my Little Breva's. Gas warning light does go on a bit soon. Mine becomes steady at about 240 kts. Can go easily to 300 before gasing up. No problems for me in the rain with the Pirelli Sport Demons. Very good tires so far (7.500 kilometers and still in very good condition.) My Breva is turning out to be a very good bike. I wish you the same luck with the V7. It is gorgeous.

Nice report from you and good pictures.

Thanks for the heads-up,

@Guzzimundi: only difference between your Breva and our V7C is the smaller fuel tank: we only have 15liters :(
so, you need nerves of steel to wait 'till 300km's before refueling B)
Meanwhile, I got used to the tires and the brakes (almost 5500Km on the odo), and I have no more complaints.
Although I have some 20 years of motorcycling experience,
I took an advanced drivers-school (two months after purchase) just to get to know the bike,
it helped a lot to change my reflexes of 14 years on a Yamaha Diversion XJ600s,
you know,
there's a world of difference between a Japanese 4-cylinder and an Italian 2-cylinder,
and it needed getting used to :lol:

I'm a happy camper , the little V7 fills my needs, gets me anywhere i want to go,
at a cruising pace, not a supersonic one,
our traffic is getting so jammed that 100Hp+ - bikes are virtually useless on our roads, only at closed circuits, but that costs a lot (too much really)

here's a picture at the dealer,
the "mother" of our little V7 together with my V7Classic:

y6uvdj.jpg

Christiaan

Just made the same choice myself, 350mi on her now. I added a small flyscreen (from Ducati sport classic accessories) will paint it to match the bike with black stripe and red trim. ( Perfect fit .) Sweet ride!!! this bike is a little (old)charmer....regards, all

Back