• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Flat 4?

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Anyone have info on this bike for a friend of mine;

Attachments

• BFG-Moto4.jpg
    BFG-Moto4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 556
Sorry, can't for that particular bike (where's it come from??), but here's some information on another Guzzi with another flat-4 heart:

http://guzzi.webemoi.com/viewtopic.php?t=6299

This one was actually intended for serial production, but that never came to be. The prototype from '77 was (or still is...) for sale (link in the post above).

091212083934719755.jpg

French design from the early eighties I think.It looks like a BFG.
http://www.moto-histo.com/france/fr4/fr4.htm
They used a citroen car engine and a guzzi transmission- must have been quite a heavy old yoke !
The company was hopeing to get police sales but that never happened and they went bust pretty fast.
Must be pretty rare.
If you need a translation ask !!!!
Chris
PS: by the way Voxan have finally thrown the towel in.It's really surprising the bad luck/screw up story of the french motorcycle manufacturers since the last war.There are plenty of capable engineers , a large ( and protected) domestic market and yet no one can make it !!??
PPS they've got an active owners club!!!!!The bikes for sale are reasonably cheap considered their rarety...
http://www.bfg.asso.fr/?page_id=119

I think you're right. And that means I've seen this kind of bike, mostly on photos, but at least one for real, see my pic below:

IMG_0506.JPG

That's the one Rene...
I bet the're the dogs bollocks with a light sidecar !

Capable engineers, but thinking up creative AND practical solutions isn't their strongest point, nor is listening to what the market really wants (look at Archos!). Anyway, I can't find this a handsome product... but it's probably great as a tourer.

This looks like another one?
P1030002a.jpg

(from http://picasaweb.google.com/rjvbertin/M ... tainebleau)

Clever adaptation of virtually standard car engines though.
Agreed on the styling rene...but then again it was nearly all a bit iffy back then :D Remember the Hesketh , that wasn't exactly light weight or good looking either !!!Also turned out to have lots of engineering problems too ....

Nearly all. A Guzzi or probably most any Italian bike from the time looks dated but good ;)

(heck, even the Beemers looked good those days :silly:)

RJVB said:
Capable engineers, but thinking up creative AND practical solutions isn't their strongest point, nor is listening to what the market really wants

Which reminds me; 35 yrs ago I worked as a production assistant at the national broadcasting corp. I learned that the film-scanner technicians used the famous "French Engineers Sidekick" ( - and not in the present sense of sidekick! :mrgreen: ) to get errant scanners back to work.

Googled for the bike and found this: http://www.citroenet.org.uk/miscellaneous/bfg/bfg.htm
Seems like its a Citroën-motor, so parts might be available.

Ooh well. Never even seen that BFG-bike before. Cannot been produced in large numbers. But the Voxan is a pity, they produced som remarkable and good looking bikes! Especially the "Charade", IMO.

Voxan_Charade.jpg

Tho' I don't think I could ever fold me up to suit it. Nevertheless...

I know looks are in the eye of the beerholder, but that is absolutely hideous. I can't even think of anyone even considering putting one of these in their driveway, no matter how different or innovative. What's so worthy of sticking a car engine in a motorcycle, if it adds nothing to the package?? (ditch pump engines are ok though :whistle: :whistle: )

They're rare for a reason, and thank bloody god...

Back