• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

foot pegs

ncassidy

Cruisin' Guzzisti
One of the features of the Norge I was not satisfied with was the size of the front footpegs. I thought they were a bit small and immediately started looking for an alternative. I originally put a set of 1st gen. Yamaha Venture pegs on it a rode with them for a year or so and thought they were a better alternative. I then happened to order off Ebay a set of 2002 goldwing stock front pegs. Low and behold they are the cats meow. More room for the foot, lowers the peg down about 1/2" making for a better riding position. They fit perfectly, the only change was having to use the stock Honda spring as the Guzzi spring did not fit. I think they look factory.

Don't forget he Moto Intl pegs. Will give about 1" of adjustment in all directions.

2482475737_ff56a98f9d.jpg

And no; they dont increase vibrations or are uncomfortable.

ncassidy wrote:
One of the features of the Norge I was not satisfied with was the size of the front footpegs. I thought they were a bit small and immediately started looking for an alternative. I originally put a set of 1st gen. Yamaha Venture pegs on it a rode with them for a year or so and thought they were a better alternative. I then happened to order off Ebay a set of 2002 goldwing stock front pegs. Low and behold they are the cats meow. More room for the foot, lowers the peg down about 1/2" making for a better riding position. They fit perfectly, the only change was having to use the stock Honda spring as the Guzzi spring did not fit. I think they look factory.

footpeg.jpg

Thanks for this info. I just bought a set of GL1800 Goldwing footpegs on Ebay. They should be here next week. I at one time had a GL1800 and was very happy with its footpegs so we shall see how they work on the Norge.

I just mounted the Goldwing foot pegs on my Norge. But it was not just a simple bolt on. I had to drill one small hole in the foot peg mounting plate for the foot peg spring on the left side. I also used the Goldwing's peg springs as the Norge ones wont work. One other problem I discovered today when I went riding is the new Goldwing foot pegs make contact with the Norge's side stand, causing a lot of vibration to be transferred to the left foot peg. Should be a easy fix though, just need to find a way to lower the side stand a bit when the side stand is in the up position.

No need to drill a hole on the left side (I thought about it). The part of the spring that would go in a hole can just rest on top of the lip on the mounting plate.

Almost forgot - if you lower the side stand you will then hit it with the shift lever. My solution was to remove the acorn bolt from the footpeg and put a piece of the felt sided Velcro on the bottom of the peg and also on the side stand where the shift lever makes contact.

Noel Cassidy may want to weigh in here - he was a great help to me when I installed the Honda pegs.

I did notice the pegs hitting the sidestand, so far I have done nothing about it. After hearing about it here, I may try to use a piece of rubber to cut down on the vibration.

Brian UK wrote:
A small blob of weld in the right place will sort the sidestand out.
That's just what I did to solve the problem. Now no more vibration in the left footpeg.

Rotten Ralph wrote:
Almost forgot - if you lower the side stand you will then hit it with the shift lever. My solution was to remove the acorn bolt from the footpeg and put a piece of the felt sided Velcro on the bottom of the peg and also on the side stand where the shift lever makes contact.

Noel Cassidy may want to weigh in here - he was a great help to me when I installed the Honda pegs.
On me Norge the shift lever does not even come close to hitting the side stand:huh: now that I've lowered the side stand slightly. The solution to the problem is to just weld a little dab of metal to the side stand where it makes contact with the side stand bracket in the up position. That's what I did and now no more vibration.

Back