• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Four days on the Guzzi NW USA and BC

devildogg

Tuned and Synch'ed
I suspect some of you have seen this already but for those that haven't here is a little slice of my world,

I thought I would share the ride I took the last 4 days, now don’t expect far away exotic places, unless you are not from North America, I am often astounded that we easily forget how great we have it when it comes to motorcycle roads in the PNW and BC. I can’t remember the last time I was so tired from turning, not tired of, but tired from.

It was time to take the LeMans out for a spin, for those that don’t know I recently purchased a 2003 Moto Guzzi Lemans Rosso Corsa. The Guzzi’s previous owner or owners had only run up a total of 2400 kilometres, not even broken in yet, the history of the bike is a bit of a mystery but it’s mine now, registered to me and ready to begin it’s new life as a bike that will be used often. To follow a tradition of many years between a good friend and myself we were to ride Lolo Pass as we have done to initiate every new bike we have purchased over the past years.

Day 1, 715 Kilometres Elkford British Columbia to Lochsa Lodge Idaho, via West side of Kocanusa Lake, McKillop Creek road to Hwy 2 then Missoula and Lolo Pass

We met a friend on McKillop Creek road, she was a real cutie. Great road and new pavement to boot.
On the Kocanusa road we meet an Iron Butt enthusiast on an ST1100 wit a license plate holder that read “ 11 days 11,000 miles” amazing! The ST had 297000 miles on it, no major engine work

DSCF0363.jpg

DSCF0361.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

Obligatory Lolo Pass sign picture
DSCF0370.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

Home for the first night, comfortable, clean, quite and the best huckleberry pancakes anywhere
After a couple Alaskan Amber Ales and the pork chop special I was out for the night, just enough sleep to work up an appetite for the huckleberry pancakes in the morning

Lochsa
DSCF0377.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

DSCF0373.jpg

Day 2 Lochsa to Colville Washington 570 Km, a short day for me as I was heading west on Hwy 20 but buddy Ralph had to get back to Calgary that night, we went our separate ways in Sandpoint Idaho at 4:15 pm, the man is a rock I don’t think I could have made it.

Day 1 was a bit dreary and overcast for the most part but we awoke to bright blue clear skies, after a hardy breakfast we headed west along hwy 12 until we came to a road heading north, this road was 50 miles of constant ups downs twist turns, just amazing, if I hadn’t been sworn to secrecy by the locals I would tell you where it was but (shrugs shoulders) and this was after hwy 12. I was really starting to bond with the Rosso Corsa, the Ohlins are amazing, after riding the 990 with TKC 80s it was like the Guzzi was glued to the road. Keeping up nicely to the big FJR, I can’t understand how Ralph gets that monster through the corners so fast, though I often see sparks when following

RalphLOLO.jpg

DSCF0393.jpg

DSCF0388.jpg

DSCF0387.jpg

DSCF0386.jpg

Day 3 Hwy 20 to BC and Osoyos 919 km

I took an early start to miss traffic,

Sherman Pass at 6:30 AM
DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0394.jpg

Rainy pass I picked up a hitch hiker
DSCF0404.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

DSCF0399.jpg

Day 4 Osoyos back to Elkford 612 Kms
Amazing day, the roads were wet all the way home, huge black thunder clouds every where, but oddly I dodge every bit of rain until about a kilometre from the house. Where I am now after 2800 km on the Guzzi and loving it even more. Well I hope you enjoy I wont post for a week or so I am packing the KTM to head down to Mt. St Helens with Lizzabet

Cheers

Another 6:00 AM shot leaving Osoyos, what a fun road

DSCF0408.jpg

DSCF0407.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

And no one should ever turn up breakfast at this place in Rock Crek, yum!

DSCF0411.jpg

Great photos.
Do your pass keep their snow all summer ? The last few photos Osoyos, remind me very much of Loch Carron in the north west of Scotland,Osoyos looks to have more buildings,but the landscape is very similar.
I try to get over there at least once a year,there is a a pass ,"bealach na bar "over to Applecross and and the Applecross Inn.

Drumnagorrach said:
Great photos.
Do your pass keep their snow all summer ? The last few photos Osoyos, remind me very much of Loch Carron in the north west of Scotland,Osoyos looks to have more buildings,but the landscape is very similar.
I try to get over there at least once a year,there is a a pass ,"bealach na bar "over to Applecross and and the Applecross Inn.

Some years on the higher passes you will see snow all year but usually high above the roads, I would love to visit Scotland and may in the next year or two

Back