• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Freshen up!

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
My G12 is now five years old. Despite being as reliable as an anvil but many times more fun felt it was time to 'Freshen Up' the areas that have always been nagging me.

Early in the piece I greased the shock linkages and somewhere along the line I greased the swingarm bearings but can't actually remember when :blink:

Now, at  five years and 60,000 odd km I think its time to give the important bits a good seeing to.

Tomorrow I'll be pulling the old bus off the road. Forks will be coming out for a rebuild and re-seal with any mods recommended by the local suspension expert. Certainly lighter oil will be in the equation if nothing else!

The poxy ball and cone head stem bearings will be getting the arse to be replaced by tapered rollers, the swingarm and linkage bearings will be inspected and replaced.

At the back it'll be getting this;

To replace the OE Sachs unit, which is OK but scarcely brilliant.

As far as I'm concerned the motor is a gem and the mapping is perfectly good enough for me. Anyway,there is no point in trying to improve engine performance if the wheels aren't gripping the road.

The Griso will never be a rocket ship or a canyon carver but it is one of the funnest motorbikes I've ever ridden. My aim is to make it *MORE* fun!!!

That Corbin seat is looking very attractive too. Having a Vast Arse means anything more 'Buckety' would be an advantage even though the stocker is not uncomfortable. Nice thing is that Corbin have some outrageously vulgar colours available!!

Pete

Oooh Pete, sounds like the love affair will begin all over again, just like the misses comin home from hospital with a new pair of fun bags. :woohoo:

Got one thanks.
Original Bella shock very stiff, choppy ride. 9.0 kg spring. Preload and rebound adjustment only.
Griso shock had 9.6 kg spring.

I now have an 11.0 kg Ohlins spring on the Griso shock but ride is very smooth by comparison.

Shocky Guru said Griso shock was plumbed inside same as he would have expected Bella shock to be from the ride it gave.

Also the adjusting needles are very blunt, hence only a small adjustment makes a big change, sometimes wish I had gone whole hog on a Wilbers etc.

If it doesn't work out for you Pete I'll take it off your hands ;)

Well I popped the swingarm out, greased everything again and popped the new shock in. First indications are that it is pretty close to how it should be. It's certainly better than the Sachs unit. It proved its worth the next day when I hit a 'roo :roll: . At least I stayed on the bike but it blew both the fork seals.

So, it was out with the forks for a re-valve, oil and seal and while I was fiddling about I thought I'd do the steering head bearings. Imagine my surprise when I found they were not only well greased but in good condition! So good I couldn't justify replacing them.

Flung a new alternator belt at it while it was apart as it was overdue. It'll be like a new bike when its back together!

Pete

I would like a stiffer spring on my Griso shock. Can you tell me the part # of the 11 Kg Ohlins spring you got and what the increments are (i.e. 9 Kg, 10, 11?).

DW in NYC

I'm clueless; who's rear shock unit is that?

Just so people don't think I'm being snarky I bought the shock from AF1 simply because I like to spread the love around. Not because the product is superior or is significantly different in price if I had bought it off Todd.

Its a great unit. It'll be better once I've got it dialed in.

Got my forks back today. Big Green G. Is ready and willing again. If only the fucking rain would stop!!!

Pete

Back