• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

From A Ride to Vancouver

It’s truly maddening when being 5 under is a complete disqualification. No good deed goes unpunished!

Yesterday, driving home from KY to OH on Memorial Day Weekend, I was passed at 70-75 mph by motorcycles and cars moving at an average of about 90-100 mph literally for 6+ hours of driving.

I was nearly blown off the road by a big diesel dual-rear-axle pickup truck hauling a huge 30’ living carriage in the fast lane of a two lane highway, driving at least 95mph if not faster! Scare the piss out of me because no brakes would have quickly slowed that 15,000+ lbs projectile down!

I have never seen such behavior on the roadway before…over and over and over.

Oh, and yes, I did see 2 very nasty looking accidents…unfortunately.

I'll keep that in mind brother👊
I was planning few trips to mainland already but today I failed my full license road test so It'll have to wait a bit LOL Apparently going 45 in 50 zone is "too slow for given road conditions" LOL
Welcome!
Did you tell them about the squirrel “you thought you saw, under a car “ as the reason you slowed down :wasntme:

Sunday morning in Fort Langley you can meet up with a number of Guzzi riders . Usually
at the Fort Langley Park . Just got back from Whistler a few hours ago on my Eldorado , wow
it was Not raining or freezing cold :) . Peter

It’s truly maddening when being 5 under is a complete disqualification. No good deed goes unpunished!
I was under the speed limit all the time. In one area I even slowed down even more coz there was bunch of people walking around parked cars. Everyone does 10km/h over in that town and I was, quote- "not keeping up with the traffic". Not a single note or comment on any other of my riding aspects. I'm mad not because I failed, but at the irony... I usually speed 5-10 over, same as the rest of traffic, and lately I was practicing hard to ride under speed limit LOL

It used to be that if you exceeded the posted speed limit, you failed. Under the speed limit, give me a break.
When I did my test it was all I could do to ride slow enough. 10 over seems to be the unwritten rule for the general public.

Just 2 days ago I was returning from Hope (B.C) to Vancouver on Hwy 1 and at 125Kph I was
passed far more often than I passed anyone . The speed limit (100Kph) is only a suggestion .
Peter

Hey! My first post in this forum. Just joined today. I just purchased a guzzi from international in Vancouver, but can’t pick it up until I take the skills course and get my N.

Excited to join you guys for some rides afterwards! I live in Chilliwack but can always head out to the city for meets.

Cheers.

I’m in South Surrey but frequently wander into the Fort Langley area.. and often ride east, towards Abbotsford. A lot of great motorcycle routes between Glover Road and Mt. Lehman.

If I had a week’s notice, I could probably meet up in Fort Langley on a sunny Sunday morning.

Back