• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel Filter External Relocation

romo

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

I'm about to change my fuel filter this upcoming weekend to a BMW filter. I am hoping to relocate the filter housing externally as I've done this modification on my BMW GS. I'd like to do the same on the Norge as it's more convenient and easier to troubleshoot. Has anyone else done this modification on their Norge, how so and do you have any pics by chance?

Thanks in advance,
Tony Romanin

Great forum by the way! :)

Let's think about this for a minute. What would be the real advantage of taking the fuel filter out of the tank? None really. Once the OEM half plastic bulging filter is changed out to the all metal one, it is good for many miles, certainly more than Guzzi's 12K mile recommended replacement schedule. I don't plan on changing mine for 30K miles which equates to a few years of riding. Also the fuel filter when inside the tank helps with vapor lock and worrying about leaks/fires. Where do you plan to mount the external filter? Under the tank, where it's nice and hot and where the fuel inside the filter will start to boil once the engine has been shut down? Sure, you'll gain a few ounces in addition fuel capacity but the this mod has more minuses than pluses me thinks :roll: .

But it's your time and money so do what works best for you. Don't get me wrong I think some Mods are great but this just isn't one of them.

rcbimmer said:
I need to change my filter. Does anyone have the BMW part number or which model filter to use? Thanks.

Robert

First numbers on the filter itself and the second is on the box it came in.

2 325 859

or 16 14 2 325 859

We did Randy Peterson's last weekend, pretty straight forward. We replaced the short hose with a length of 5/16 gates submersible hose and used fuel injection screw clamps I got from CarQuest. On the longer accordion hose we put on a brand new European crimp clamp. I have every thing you will need including the Filter,hose clamps and crimp tool. Just make sure you run the tank almost empty. Let me know if I can help out. Have you done the valves yet ?

Dan

Hey guys I just pulled out my fuel filter and it's the half plastic one and I want to change over to the all metal one I asked the bike shop and they looked on the computer for the part number and couldn't find it, they said just put in a car one...... ok Which one then I asked and they said.... wait for it..... "Oh we don't know"..... and these are the Guzzi Dealers..christSo I came home this arvo downloaded the parts cataloge of the downloads page and hey presto what do i find yep said part number but is this for the old syle or new style, what do I do now are there any Aussie Norge owners found any suitable replacement. Warren

Norge GTL 1200 said:
Hey guys I just pulled out my fuel filter and it's the half plastic one and I want to change over to the all metal one I asked the bike shop and they looked on the computer for the part number and couldn't find it, they said just put in a car one...... ok Which one then I asked and they said.... wait for it..... "Oh we don't know"..... and these are the Guzzi Dealers..christSo I came home this arvo downloaded the parts cataloge of the downloads page and hey presto what do i find yep said part number but is this for the old syle or new style, what do I do now are there any Aussie Norge owners found any suitable replacement. Warren

Just use the BMW motorcycle one. It part number is 16142325859 and it's all metal.

Back