Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Fuel gauge for Griso?

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by TalkingGriso, Jul 31, 2014.

1. TalkingGriso

TalkingGriso Tuned and Synch'ed

Just daydreaming here, but anyone know what it would take to graft a Stelvio fuel gauge on a Griso? Possible/impossible/worthwhile? I think it's a minor crime that a great bike like the G doesn't have a fuel gauge, and from what I recall, the Stelvio dash is pretty similar, so... ?

2. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Since I can go from full tank to red light in anywhere between 98 and 140 miles depending on how I ride, this would be a godsend! Interested to hear any positive replies on this.

3. TalkingGriso

TalkingGriso Tuned and Synch'ed

Don't think we'll hear anything positive, GH. I just found out on another board that other dashboards are not compatible with the Griso.

4. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

That appears to be the story with these bikes. Aftermarket indicators are not compatible, 'universal' headlights are not compatible, and now this. I wonder if it's part of this EU plot to prevent us modding bikes? :D

5. Ya Mingle

Ya Mingle Tuned and Synch'ed

I recently went for a ride with the fuel light on. I thought i would be fine to fuel up on my travels, but no i ended up getting lost and had gone too far to turn back. Long story short, bike stopped after 72kms. Totally empty :cry:. I was rescued by a guy on a new Triumph Triple. Doubled me to a gas station where i purchases a fuel container, then back to the bike left on a country road and fueled up. ALWAYS fuel up if not sure where you are going. Common sense really :think:. I got 320kms from a full tank/empty tank. Bike on 14500ks.

6. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Sorry, I don't have any useful info on putting a gas gauge on the Griso. Mine is an 1100 and does not need one.
    That said, worst case scenario if you can add a fuel level sender to the tank or replace the pump assembly with one that has a fuel level sender you should be able to fit a gauge. You may not be able to use the dash from the Stelvio (that seems odd, hard to believe, but may be true) but if you can't do that you could add an external fuel gauge that reads the value sent by the fuel sender you added and converts that to a reading.

200 miles on a tank is not bad, it seems that the issue is it is not consistent.