• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel sensor fault DSB 05 - 2007 Norge

Nick

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Fuel sensor fault DSB 05 on a 2007 Norge

What does it mean and what can be done to correct the error?

That error appears whenever the RPMs are over 4K

Just put 1,600 miles in the last 4 days and no signs of the dreaded "Oil sensor fault DSB 07 and/or Oil pressure fault DSB 08".

The bike ran great, except for that DSB 05. (thanks you Danny ;) )

May be a loose connection at the sender. If you haven't checked/replaced your fuel filter, get one and check the connection to the sender at that time. Or the sender may have an internal fault. Senders are available seperate from teh fuel pump assembly. I would get a new gasket to have on hand just in case your existing gasket leaks after removal.

I had that one once, last summer, after Caparros in Barcelona removed and reinstalled the tank. Must have been a bad contact or so.

BTW: Have tank off to change that fuel filter but, how do you get to it? Is there a diagram of what I am to do? Also, which tube is the oil overflow to the air box?
Thanks

KP

john zibell said:
May be a loose connection at the sender. If you haven't checked/replaced your fuel filter, get one and check the connection to the sender at that time. Or the sender may have an internal fault. Senders are available seperate from teh fuel pump assembly. I would get a new gasket to have on hand just in case your existing gasket leaks after removal.

John,
What exactly is the 'sender"? and is it the same as the fuel sensor?

I just got back from a 360 mile day. The Norge ran flawlessly, but that DSB 05 (fuel sensor failure) and 06 (air temp sensor failure) appeared again. Since I had the new oil pump and oil pressure sensor installed, no more DSB 07&08.

i have replaced the air temp sensor, but the error DSB 06 is still there and i'm not even able to delete it (I cannot actually verify if the DSB 06 error is re-occurring or if it is the old one.)

Thanks,
Nick

Nick,

The fuel sensor is located on the fuel pump assembly. See the attached bulletin.

Attachments

• fuel-level-sensor-bulletin.pdf
    328.7 KB · Views: 199
OK Thank you.

I didn't think the fuel level indicator and the fuel sensor were one of the same.
I'll call a dealer tomorrow and order one.

Nick

Nick said:
OK Thank you.

I didn't think the fuel level indicator and the fuel sensor were one of the same.
I'll call a dealer tomorrow and order one.

Nick

MPH usually carries them in stock, I replaced mine with the "improved one" not because of a fault but of erratic fuel level readings, It solved the problem. Nick do you ever notice any wild swings on the fuel gauge ? Since your bike has been apart recently it just might be a loose connector under the tank. No need to take the tank "off" undo the 2 side screws then the back tank bolt you should be able lift it up enough to check the connector out.

kap durango said:
BTW: Have tank off to change that fuel filter but, how do you get to it? Is there a diagram of what I am to do? Also, which tube is the oil overflow to the air box?
Thanks

KP

There is a metal plate in the bottom of the tank. Remove the bolts. The assembly will come out. Be sure to have the correct oetiker clamps and tool to install the new fuel filter.

john zibell said:
Be sure to have the correct oetiker clamps and tool to install the new fuel filter.
Or use these
fuelpipeclip.jpg

I don't know what happened to my earlier reply, but Thank you guys for the help.
I've called Todd at MPH this morning and he is sending me a fuel sender. I just wish I would have ordered the clamps.
What size are those clamps? I will try to source them locally.
Nick

Nick said:
I don't know what happened to my earlier reply, but Thank you guys for the help.
I've called Todd at MPH this morning and he is sending me a fuel sender. I just wish I would have ordered the clamps.
What size are those clamps? I will try to source them locally.
Nick

http://www.idealclamps.com/catalog/clam ... TION_ID=17

Think you want the 5/16 " size, I got them at Car Quest or I can drop some Otiliker clamps in the mail to you. A set of wire nippers will work to tighten them

Got the fuel sender today, but leaving for the WV rally at 6am tomorrow. Will install next week.
That was one hell of a fast service from those MPH boys...Thanks Todd H.!

Installed the new fuel sender/sensor, installed a new air temp sensor.
Cannot erase/delete the 05 and 06 error codes from memory. I'm actually executing the "delete errors" steps, but the errors remain.
I'm still getting the warning triangle and the SERVICE on the display and don't know if it's and 05 or 06 error.

Any ideas on how to delete the error codes from memory? (so I can see what the re-occurring error is)
Thank you,
Nick

Nick said:
Installed the new fuel sender/sensor, installed a new air temp sensor.
Cannot erase/delete the 05 and 06 error codes from memory. I'm actually executing the "delete errors" steps, but the errors remain.
I'm still getting the warning triangle and the SERVICE on the display and don't know if it's and 05 or 06 error.

Any ideas on how to delete the error codes from memory? (so I can see what the re-occurring error is)
Thank you,
Nick

Read through the Breva Service manual on this site. It states a confirmation to delete the codes is required. It may be easy to overlook this step.

Back