• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuse block question

lomax

Cruisin' Guzzisti
In trying to get to know my 2012 Stelvio, I am trying to find the fuses. With the seat off there are two fuses on the right side with two spares but I cannot seem to find the other fuse block, if it exists. :dry:

Many more stupid question to come. :D

Marc

Look up front on the right or was it the left side just behind or along side the triple clamp the the body panels.

Marc,

Look at the discussion titled "Bad Problem with Guzzi Stelvio NTX Aux Lamps" by Leafman60. It's now on Page 2. It identifies a problem with the Aux Lamps that will take out a 30 Amp fuse that is also on the right under the front seat, but less visible. You'll want to become familiar with this fuse because the bike will not run if it is blown.

Several (me included) have added an additional in-line fuse on each Aux Lamp to avoid a road failure.

Ride safe.

ChuckH said:
Marc,

Look at the discussion titled "Bad Problem with Guzzi Stelvio NTX Aux Lamps" by Leafman60. It's now on Page 2. It identifies a problem with the Aux Lamps that will take out a 30 Amp fuse that is also on the right under the front seat, but less visible. You'll want to become familiar with this fuse because the bike will not run if it is blown.

Several (me included) have added an additional in-line fuse on each Aux Lamp to avoid a road failure.

Ride safe.

Just to add some clarity here: The area Chuck is talking about is on the right side of the bike and below the seat area but it's actually behind a triangular plastic panel. There are three screws holding this panel in place. Take the panel off and you will see some fuzes...Eureka! When I was looking through the owners manual and the shop manual I was having a hard time finding some of the electrical components. Those books just don't do a good job of explaining exactly where this stuff lives.

Thank You pyoungbl!

I went through both the owner's and shop manuals and only came away with the general area of the fuse block. No specifics on how the panel is attached in either one.

I suspect the relays for the lights and heated grips are there as well?

I'll need to get in there and check.

Ron

OK I finally had a chance to look and found them. Some fuses are just to the right side of the fuel tank right under the seat. main fuses are under the right side triangular cover below the seat. Aux fuses are right on top of the faring stay right in front of the steering head. These are in a rubber box held closed with two straps on the left side. SO this one is not where the book says on the right or left side of the bike by the fairing. All three seem to have spare fuses.

The reason I checked this morning is I installed a Fiam horn so it would go more than beep beep. :lol:

The one thing I did notice when wiring up the GPS and doing other chores, is that the little chrome clip nuts are made out of some sort of super el'cheapo pot metal and break VERY easily. Spares are on order. :eek:

Marc

lomax said:
The one thing I did notice when wiring up the GPS...,...Marc

Marc,

Something you may want to consider -- the bike comes with a pre-wired, "switched", power lead for a Tom-Tom GPS. The wire is wire-tied to other wires under the left side fairing (the one you have to take off to change to the European turn signal light). It has a special plug-in fitting on the end for the Tom-Tom unit, that can be clipped off if you have another brand of GPS. Since this is "switched" power, the GPS will shut off when you turn the bike off for fueling, etc.

Found it ! Shown with grey cover removed from fuze block.

b0f60fc9-a06c-4114-baf1-6d2152652d0c_zpsd250c838.jpg

Thanks for that. I did not know of this wire when I put on my GPS, but would probably not have used it anyway. I like having the GPS stay on when the bike is off, Of course it will continue to run on battery power but then you have to push more buttons.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to wire up all the gismos that Todd sent me for the fueling issues. :mrgreen:

Marc

ChuckH said:
Marc,

Something you may want to consider -- the bike comes with a pre-wired, "switched", power lead for a Tom-Tom GPS. The wire is wire-tied to other wires under the left side fairing (the one you have to take off to change to the European turn signal light). It has a special plug-in fitting on the end for the Tom-Tom unit, that can be clipped off if you have another brand of GPS. Since this is "switched" power, the GPS will shut off when you turn the bike off for fueling, etc.

Back