Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

g1100 crank nut

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by duc, Jun 20, 2013.

1. duc

duc Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Can anyone tell me the size of the crankshaft sprocket nut and will a standard deep well fit or will I need an extra long socket? 2007 Griso 1100.
    Thanks for any help
    Mell/Duc

2. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I use a 15/16 deep well socket...I don't know the equivalent in metric though.

3. duc

Pascal,thanks much,will be changing out cam shaft soon and wanted to be sure I have all the tools needed when the time comes.
    Mell/Duc

4. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

You're welcome.
    You're changing cams on a G11?
    Are you going for a performance one?

5. duc

I am doing a lot of stuff at one time.In the past I had already done some mild porting and set the squish,picked up almost 10 hp at the wheel.This time Mike rich is doing his stage three
    job on the heads.The cam installed will be a Megacycle 620X10,Hope to hit the 100 hp at the rear.I am sure i will be pleased one way or the other should have gobs of torque.Just need to get everything back here and ready to assemble.
    Thanks again
    Mell/Duc

6. Phang

Phang Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I used a 24mm normal six points socket on my G12, not sure if it is helpful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. duc

Phang,thanks for your help also I have both a 24 and a 15/16 sockets in deep-well so I should have it covered.I found on an old parts manual that is supposedly a 25 mm nut got that covered also.
    Thanks for every ones help
    Mell/Duc

8. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'd use the 24mm if you need to break loose that nut, since it's a metric bike anyway.
    The 15/16 works fine for rotating the engine to TDC when checking your valves clearance.
    That's the only time that I mess with that nut...