Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY PRODUCT or other website hyperlinks. This means to ANY products OR to other Forums . We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's a privately funded website. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

G8V resurrection of sorts...

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Aug 25, 2009.

1. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks to Willy on this Forum, the dead bike below, RIP, is now in my possession. Frame is a throw-away... but the rest, decisions, decisions. You can bet that the first thing it gets is the supercharger on my shelf... then what to put it in. Bellagio frame? Custom build? Hmmmm... what say you guys?

[​IMG]

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Todd,

I'd go custom. The power train could be the start of the "power cruiser" Guzzi never built!!

3. vivo

vivo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hey todd,

nice bike... well, nice parts

if you don't use the seat pan and it's useable I would like to buy it... been looking for a used seat, nothing available yet.

I'd do that Bellagio cafe racer thing... no charger needed

vivo

4. MarcoRod

MarcoRod Tuned and Synch'ed

There's a frame on ebay in case you wanna build a Griso again. Couldn't figure out how to insert link so search with keyword "Grisso" (mispelled).

5. Will

Will Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hey....this could become the bike from 2 'W's. Mine was rear ended & looks to be a write off so somewhere sometime soon there'll be Griso in a breakers yard with an undamaged front end!

6. GTM®

I'm seriously considering a simplistic mad-max hellion of sorts... and after feeling the weight of the stock Griso frame, 100 lbs. can be easily shed. I've sort of always been a fan of Confederates in their simplistic fashion... so I might just have to build me one: Imagine this super-charged Hellion. What say you?

[​IMG]

7. double.d

double.d Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

GT-Rx wrote:
    Wow :woohoo: The seat doesn't look to comfy though :unsure:

8. FrostBittenCanadian

FrostBittenCanadian Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

That'd definitely be different Todd, and it sure has got the spirit of a Confederate.
    FBC

9. johnno

johnno Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

i really like single seat look.confederate or a exile motorcycles hardcore look .

10. GTM®

So it looks like things are a go on this project!
    I just put the last part of the puzzle in place... the head RSD (Roland Sands Design) fabricator committed to building me a custom frame.
    First up is remaking the timing chest cover to fit the blower.
    Away we go. I'll post updates here as I go.

DD, I've ridden the Confederate Hellcat, and the seat is surprisingly comfy. The seat base is flexible.. and it's good for most any distance one might care to ride a very raw 150hp/150ft.lb. naked machine. I won't quite have those numbers, but my target is 135~145 rwhp, and after all, it'll be a blown Guzzi! :huh:

11. Kid Thunder

Kid Thunder Cruisin' Guzzisti

Wow! Very nice project. Guzzi motors seem to look good for things like this.
    Don-M

12. johnno

johnno Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

GT-Rx wrote:
    i can see only the best for you,RS is number one for craftsmanship :)

13. vivo

vivo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd...

Have a photo of the supercharger in another app that might be similar to what the engine will look like, no doubt very cool... Maybe you can do some carbon fiber bodywork too?

vivo

14. GTM®

vivo wrote:
    There is the beautifully done German version kompressor-guzzi.de:
    [​IMG]

And there is our friend Jussi from Amsterdam, who has one on his Jackal, and his friend who masterminded it, also has one on a Centauro.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any others you know of?

Mine will be largely/mostly hidden from view, though I will likely run an inter-cooler.

15. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

16. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

The Confederate look is awesome. Go for it!

(BTW, I "think" that the Bellagio engine support points are not the same that for the rest of engines. I recall someone telling me that'd be the reason not to be able to build a 940 Stelvio.

17. Greg Field

Greg Field Cruisin' Guzzisti

Send the engine to me. It'd be best used to perk up my Eldorado . . . I'd have to do something to reduce the squirrels-in-a-cage whirring noises those things make.

18. timbradley1

timbradley1 Just got it firing!

That Hellion is AWESOME! Is there any Griso frame retained to build that or? Can you tell me where to get more information on it?

19. rturo

rturo Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

this Hellion with all the rear stripped away is brilliant .

I've always thought the Exile industrial look is better suited to the Guzzi engine than the Harley..

the Exile Fat Bloke front end and tank shape and the Hellion back would be my way .. though not sure how you find a back wheel/tyre combo to sit on the CARC that goes with the Exile 200 wide/15in front ... perhaps same size front and rear - sounds neat

now i just need $$$$$$ and a front ended 2v Breva

http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=16

Art

20. NeroGuzzi

NeroGuzzi Cruisin' Guzzisti

GT-Rx wrote:
    Todd: When your Roland Sands Design frame is made, please let us know the details of the weight reduction.