• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Garmin zumo xt mount

RFF

Tuned and Synch'ed
HI; does anyone know of a crossbar handlebar mount for the garmin zumo xt gps. ? I'm looking for a mount that would attach to the center piece vs the bar itself. Thank you.

Isotta is preparing a GPS mounting kit to be installed above the cockpit.
On my V100 I monted a RAM ball on one of the 4 bolts that keep the handlebar, something like the picture below

Attachments

• 51pLIJyCgyL._AC_.jpg
    51pLIJyCgyL._AC_.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 14
I believe Evotech makes one but I can't seem to find it in stock here in the states.
evotech-performance.com/products/ep-garmin-compatible-handlebar-clamp-sat-nav-mount-moto-guzzi-v100-s

I have the Evotech one. Everything from Evotech is very well made. No issue getting it shipped to the states from their website. I also have the Evotech radiator guard.

I believe Evotech makes one but I can't seem to find it in stock here in the states.
evotech-performance.com/products/ep-garmin-compatible-handlebar-clamp-sat-nav-mount-moto-guzzi-v100-s
I believe the referenced Evotech mount is for a previous version of the Garmin GPS, not the current offering. The instructions are showing a Garmin mount for the Zumo 395/396 or the Zumo 550, I believe. The XT is the magnetic mount with latch, and I'm not certain the Garmin holes match the previous mounts

The Zumo XT does not use a magnetic mount. I am using the Evotech Garmin mount with my Zumo XT.

I've been riding large dual sport bikes for the last 15 years and am keeping my '20 Triumph T900RP as the V100 stablemate. I am accustomed to a lot of real estate to farkle and like to mount the GPS above the dash as a heads-up tool, I dislike having to look down at the bars to operate or look at the GPS screen.

I use a Zumo XT - which is easily powered from the OEM installed connector for the USB port that is to the LHS of the dash. The connector is a 12V feed, with a 3A fuse (shared with the rear USB) - so 1.5A draw per USB supply ...exactly what the Zumo requires.

Obviously, the V100 is a very different animal with a compact cockpit, so I was delighted to find the MV Motorad above dash mount. However, it is only a two-point mount with a tall and wide bridge and my concerns about it vibrating and bouncing like a banshee proved justified. So, I set about a fix by fashioning a small bracket fastener from 1/2" aluminium (I'm a Brit afterall...LOL) flat stock and attaching it to the plastic peak panel over the dash, as the pictures show. The three-point mount is now acceptably solid. Problem solved.

- reused the M5 panel screw that was removed and replaced with the MV bridge mounting to attach the bracket to the plastic peak, with an M5 nylon lock nut underneath.
- purchased the correct waterproof 2-pin connectors to match the OEM fittings (Amazon $14.99 for 5 connectors male & female).
- the ram ball unscrews from the MV mount, removed one spacer washer from the ball side to accommodate the bracket on the other side. The ram arm still has enough space to securely attach to the ball.
- the Zumo mini power brick slides next to the OEM connector, there is ample room behind where the USB port would mount to
accommodate the lengthy wire from the brick to the Zumo XT mount.
- checked polarity of the OEM connector to ensure correct attachment to the Zumo cable (I don't have a wiring diagram).

The finished look from my line of sight (the screen was still off the bike).

PXL 20230809 204336505

Zumo off, screen on.

PXL 20230809 205903864

The mounting fix.

PXL 20230809 192934972 PXL 20230809 204429420

Zumo wire from the port.

PXL 20230810 005407161

The MV bar is simple but well fabricated, however, they could have done with supplying another couple of beveled spacers to go in front of the bar so the bolts seat fully and don't smile at you... (the beveled spacer behind the bar is just visible). Oh, and they supplied one bolt with a hex head the other a Torx...

PXL 20230809 204358421

Cheers - BritGit

Last edited:
I see the “safety strap” looped around the Ram Mount. I am curious how it is attached to the Garmin. I epoxied a metal piece to the back of my Garmin , but am curious if there is a better solution. My V85TT has a USB port on the dash beside the display so I use that for power for the Garmin. That way I can use the 12V to 5V power brick on my BMW without buying another power supply.

Hey Gerry....

The strap is just wrapped there for convenience for now until I mount a caribiner on the bar (which the lanyard on my screen mounted EZ Pass will also use).

The picture details the lanyard attachment to the body of the Zumo. The pad has been in place for 3 years, and the Zumo used over 50K across several bikes, so it seems to be durable.

Cheers. John

Attachments

• PXL_20230810_020156563.jpg
    PXL_20230810_020156563.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the quick response. That is similar to what I did. My old Tom Tom had an attachment and safety strap from the factory.

That is some clever ingenuity and a great looking mount. I did the Isotta one that actually has the bracket using that hole as well as an arm with a rubber bushing to help stabilize it. It works great and really holds a Carplay unit I have up there at the moment but I am switching to putting my Garmin XT up there in its place this weekend. I will try to take pics and post should that happen as planned. It wasn't cheap with shipping I think about $132 Euros but I it was so easy to install and complete I think it was worth it for me. I have attached a pic of the mount from their website.

Attachments

• Isotta Mount GPS.jpeg
    Isotta Mount GPS.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 23
Here is a picture of the bike with the Carplay unit installed on the Isotta. I prefer my Garmin for GPS so switching it out soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 38
use a Zumo XT - which is easily powered from the OEM installed connector for the USB port that is to the LHS of the dash. The connector is a 12V feed, with a 3A fuse (shared with the rear USB) - so 1.5A draw per USB supply ...exactly what the Zumo requires.
It's good to know this, as I thought I read the USB port on the V100 supplied 1.5A, but that the Zumo XT needed to draw a higher amount. At the moment, I'm just using my Zumo on battery, but maybe I'll buy the USB connector for the cockpit. The one under the seat isn't very convenient for anything, with its tiny tray area.

oh dear what happened to the days of follow your nose? Eventually you will get there. With all these GPS and gadget you monitor how do any of you enjoy the ride and scenery? Hope the options given assist you to read you way.

Back