• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Gasp?! H20 Guzzi!

Sounds like MG is following BMW's adoption of some Honda's CX 500 layout. Can't wait to see the new design. But I'm sure I will miss the simplicity.

A local dealer told me that MG is out selling Aprilia for the first time at his place. It's nice to see that MG has so many offering now. More please... A new LeMans would be nice.

I think that a WC'd Norge will make my past opinion that MG should have produced a WC V4 before Honda did moot. I'm sure I'll still prefer the V2 over a V4. but I guess I'll have to test ride an ST next time I have an opportunity.

It has to come eventually. With the tighter emission and noise standards it is the only way to go. I too will miss the simplicity of the 2 valve pushrod engine. I may just stay on 2 valve bikes, but 4 valve heads and water cooling is the way of the future.

Bring it on!!! That coming from a ludite. I'm still technology challenged & still prefer carbs & points but have experienced the low maintenance & dependability of ECU's & Injection. If Guzzi does it, it will be done right and one helluva ride! I'm Ready!

The added weight and water pumps, hoses, rads to fail? No thanks, been there done that.(F8)

Time for me to go backwards, as if I'm not backward (or back woods) enough.
Just have a personal preference for RETRO, although I revel in the technology of my new ute (suv) with ABS, traction control blah blah blah!

I hate working on cars so take it straight to my mechanic if it farts.

Always loved working on bikes, fiddling, modifying etc as you can see.
So maybe a real classic cafe racer will nest in my garage one day, with Dyna 3 ignition then no more wires ........................ just mechanical bits that I can see and fix. :)

I'm in the Old Fart league, love the simple air cooled mills that I can tinker with. We can all hitch up our suspenders, pull out the corn cob pipes and talk about the good old days...that's great. Too bad the rest of the world marches on. Our beloved Guzzi brand has managed to just barely stay alive these past 30 or 40 years. If we want the brand, and our own life support, to exist in the future the brand will have to be compliant with all governmental regulations and be competitive in the marketplace. Right now Guzzi produces a lot of bang for the buck in the big blocks, not so much in the small blocks but still unique enough to survive. It is in our best interest to encourage the company to adapt as necessary to stay alive. That probably means some kind of liquid cooling to take care of the heat generated by more horse power. If BMW can do it Guzzi can. HD must be mulling over the same problem but with much more momentum to overcome. I still wonder how a company can be in business when it only produced 6700 machines in 2012...for the entire world. I'm pulling for MG, even bought two new MG bikes in the last 8 months. If Guzzi brings out a water cooled mill I think I will be one of the early buyers, just to make a statement. That's dumb but at my age you get to be dumb and it's OK. Water cooled, bring it on!

Peter Y.

New to this site and my 2007 Griso 1100...Love the Griso and have always wanted a Guzzi ...that being said i would love to Guzzi move ahead with a liquid cooled engine .. I hope they keep the appearance of the engine similar to the current style as in keeping with an aircooled look fins and all ...Moto Guzzi IMO has the best looking engines out there and to make it look similar as to a Honda CX engine would be a shame :sick:
But then again time moves on i just hope Moto Guzzi keeps some of its tradition in its new tech...

pyoungbl said:
If Guzzi brings out a water cooled mill I think I will be one of the early buyers, just to make a statement. That's dumb but at my age you get to be dumb and it's OK. Water cooled, bring it on!

Peter Y.

I met you in Daytona...
You didn't strike me as dumb, lol. :D :D
I feel the same way than you about a water Guzzi, since there's no escaping regulations you have to keep an open mind.
The BB1 Griso is done tastefully...

Back