• Ciao Guest - Youā€™ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCyclesĀ® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Getting seriously excited!

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
Just got the call.

Tomorrow, HaulBikes is delivering my 2023 Piaggio MP3 530 HPE scooter I bought with 235 miles. šŸ„³šŸ„°šŸ‘

This will be my 4th Piaggio scooter and my 3rd MP3. I will be selling my beloved 2009 MP3 as well as my first Piaggio scooter, my 2007 X9.

I gave the 2018 to my oldest son as a present.

Iā€™m a strange bird but I just love these MP3ā€™s. They are so practical and fun as hell to ride. The stability is the finest of any motorcycle or scooter in the world.

Itā€™s curious to note that this MP3 lent its TFT display to the new V100 platform and the new Stelvio as well. The rare system used in the nose of the new Stelvio, is a forward facing version of the rear radar lane collision warning system of the MP3 HPE.

Scooter technology that Piaggio has now put onto the motorcycles of Moto Guzzi. šŸ˜„

Last edited:
Well, there is a first time for everything.

I never thought in a million years that an 80 year old man would deliberately lie and try to cheat me but live and learn.

The scooter arrived today. Complete with damage down the right hand side in many places. I called the seller who tried to play stupid except HaulBikes is methodical in their documenting damage when picking up and delivering, and they had photos of all of the damage on the bike, in the sellerā€™s driveway, with the seller standing in one of the photos!

Give me a break.

Then, after contacting the selling dealer, turns out the seller had dropped the bike several times and took it into them for a repair estimate. He only authorized the brake lever to be replaced and declined everything else. The dealership is also very much on the ball, and they took photos of the scooter back in August, with the damage clearly visible in this time stamped photo.

Image001

I stupidly believed the seller when he claimed ignorance of how to use his camera phone to obtain high resolution photos. What a douchebag.

He deliberately kept things out of the camera view to hide them.

Unfortunately for this asshole, he signed a sworn statement, which was notarized in FL, where he states the only damage was in the one place that was disclosed properly and that I already knew about. He lied and hid everthing else, stated in writing, that there was no other damage.

Now, he has to pay me for all of the damaged parts as I have literally no problem suing him for breech of contract, material misrepresentation, and fraud. He conveniently provided me with notarized documents where he made all of these lies.

I swear, I donā€™t trust anybody for anything anymore. People will lie about anything, anytime, anyplace, so long as they think they can get away with it.

This guy has big money too. Heā€™s rich. Seems he thinks he can screw others and get away with it.

Problem is, you best not screw with somebody else who is wealthy, especially after making statements and assertions in writing, and them having those notarized. Oh, and having the bike photographed with the damage clearly visible on it, with multiple witnesses from the dealership.

Some people are just too stupid to believe.

Iā€™ll get the stuff fixed, and get my money. No doubt about that.

Still, I never expected this from an 80 year old man. Never.

(FWIW: The only damage he admitted and disclosed is the scratches in the photo with the ruler. He stated numerous times, that there was no other damage whatsoever. Yeah, right.)

IMG 3504 IMG 3505 IMG 3506 IMG 3507 IMG 3508 IMG 3509
IMG 3510

IMG 3252

What an 80 year old crook looks like.

IMG 3517

David M Bell of Boca Raton, FL. You are a lying dirtbag. You tried to cheat the wrong guy. You signed a notarized Bill of Sale and Disclosure agreement were you stated that blurb in highlight.

Unbelievable.

IMG 3515

Last edited:
Dang Scott! Heartbreaking! Sorry to hear this, but you definitely have it coveredšŸ‘! Eighty yr old liar, FL. Hmmā€¦ Iā€™m surprised heā€™s not on some ballot somewherešŸ˜‚.

Thanks guys.

Iā€™ll get my money. Of that I have no worries.

Heā€™s up shit creek without a paddle and he has lots of assets to attach.

Not my first rodeo with something like this.

It just floored me as I never ever thought an 80 year old man living on a private island in Palm Beach, would be a shyster douchebag.

Just goes to show you. Live and learn.

I guess that an 80 YO crook was an 80-X YO crook previously - they say that a leopard never changes its spots
Glad you have a solution to get it fixed though at no cost to youšŸ‘

This is unfortunate Scott. There are two things I hate in people liars and thieves. Integrity is something that is getting harder to find in our anonymous society.

I hope things work out for you.

Hey, folks, let's go easy on 80-YO guys; I'm almost there. :giggle:

Seriously, what you report is disgusting and difficult to find any remotely credible way to reconcile with innocent mistake of fact, etc., Well, there is the senility card as @Raven so insensitively mentions ;), but we septuagenarians are wary of the whiff of that!

I was once invited to a "hand chopping" in KSA during the first Gulf War. A Saudi had stolen something from a U.S. soldier, been caught, and that was the sentence of the court. I declined to attend for policy reasons, but did think that it was an "interesting" way of dealing with thieves. Heck, certainly no speedy-trial issues as the whole process occurred within days of the offense. On the other hand -- pun noted but, I swear unintended! :rofl: -- life must be a challenge there for someone who lost a hand in an innocent accident!

Getting satisfaction in our own legal system might be doable, but will likely be expensive in time, effort, dollars, and all sorts of sweat and frustration.

Sounds as if you have experience in this sort of thing, Scott, but I would think it difficult to find a lawyer to handle a case with such a small dollar amount at its heart. Unsure of the loss you have incurred, but the small-claims process might be of help, https://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/ab...s-faq/county-civil-court-faq/small-claims-faq

It also seems to me that what you have suffered may extend beyond "mere" civil harm, as this guy's actions may also be criminal. I do not know the jurisdictional lines down there, but you might consider contacting law enforcement, e.g., https://www.countyoffice.org/boca-raton-police-department-boca-raton-fl-2d5/ or the DA, https://www.countyoffice.org/fl-palm-beach-county-district-attorney/.

Finally, I am reminded of an old curse: May God grant my enemy a lawsuit in which he is right." In other words, may the object of the curse get caught up in righteous indignation and get ensnared in a La Brea tar pit of litigation Ć  la
Best wishes,

Bill

Last edited:
Thank you very much Bill.

Yes, I have been down this road a couple times unfortunately in my lifetime I will get him.

People think they can hide or skate but they cannot.

I have faith in the legal system, especially in things as clear cut as this, and I have obtained and enforced judgements before. Itā€™s a little legwork but it is amazing how quickly a Sheriffā€™s keeper in the lobby of your bank or business, gets peopleā€™s attention.

BTW: Mr. Dickens would appreciate your nod to his literary creation.

Thank you very much Bill.

Yes, I have been down this road a couple times unfortunately in my lifetime I will get him.

People think they can hide or skate but they cannot.

I have faith in the legal system, especially in things as clear cut as this, and I have obtained and enforced judgements before. Itā€™s a little legwork but it is amazing how quickly a Sheriffā€™s keeper in the lobby of your bank or business, gets peopleā€™s attention.

BTW: Mr. Dickens would appreciate your nod to his literary creation.

Your "it is amazing how quickly a Sheriffā€™s keeper in the lobby of your bank or business, gets peopleā€™s attentionā€ is so ā€œreal lifeā€ perfect.

BTDT.

As one of my (more ā€œcolorfulā€) bosses over the years was fond of saying:

"Bill, thatā€™s a school solution ā€¦ I want a street solution.ā€ :clap:

Bill

I was once invited to a "hand chopping" in KSA during the first Gulf War. A Saudi had stolen something from a U.S. soldier, been caught, and that was the sentence of the court. I declined to attend for policy reasons, but did think that it was an "interesting" way of dealing with thieves. Heck, certainly no speedy-trial issues as the whole process occurred within days of the offense. On the other hand -- pun noted but, I swear unintended! :rofl: -- life must be a challenge there for someone who lost a hand in an innocent accident!
If you have ever read "The Number of the Beast" by Heinlein, then you will know that the punishment should fit the crime.

Back