• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Givi 755 on Breva 750 - Installed! pics

bimmerheadbri

Tuned and Synch'ed
Well I searched and searched and searched and was so confused. I just finally went out and ordered the GIVI 755 for my 750 Breva.

I installed it tonight in about 30 min (and I was very slow). Simple install and just attaches to the headlight bolts, no modifying necessary. Just be sure to readjust your headlight afterwards since mine slipped when I loosened the bolts.

It looks like it will provide some pretty good air flow. I am 5'8" and sitting on the bike, the top of the windscreen seems like it will be blowing air towards my forehead. The shape of the sides makes me think that it may also deflect some wind around my hands... but that was not the point anyhow.

I have not ridden it yet, so I will repost with my findings once I do.

Givi%20755%20contents.jpg

Givi%20755%20attachment.jpg

Givi%20755%20front.jpg

Givi%20755%20close%20side.jpg

Givi%20755%20cockpit.jpg

Givi%20755%20full%20side.jpg

Givi%20755%20headlight.jpg

Givi%20755%20side%20view.jpg

Brian in Calgary

Hi Brian, Nice choice, looks good and should work like a million dollars! Hard to beat GIVI products. Al

Ok, here are some pics in the sunlight.... looks way better and the gloss black makes it look like it came with the bike.

Ride report:

Although it was Mother's Day, I was able to sneak out for a quick demo ride of my new GIVI 755 mini-fairing. First off, I am 5'8" tall and sit fairly upright on the baby Breva. At speeds up to about 100 kph it is noticeably more comfortable. Above that up to about 150 kph is where you really feel the difference. Pretty much all the pressure is gone from my chest area. My head is in clean air and the wind off the top of the windscreen hits me right around the top of my collarbone, so my neck gets the most of it. Used to be that I would really feel the pressure on my chest over 110 kph and hence my grip would have to increase to hold on. NO MORE! The ONLY time I felt anything noticeable was at 150 kph overtaking a truck and getting the wind blast as I passed him. That was the ONLY time I actually saw the screen move a bit... not enough to be worried about it, but it did move.

I always wear earplugs and because my head was in clean air, I didn't notice any difference there. No real wind deflection for the hands either, which I suspected anyhow just because of the shape. One REALLY nice thing was that when I ducked down behind the screen, it was utter silence. I can't say that I could sit like that for very long, but it's nice to know that if I really needed to get out of some crazy wind or a hoard of bugs, I could duck down out of the way for a while.

Great addition to the bike and I am glad I bought it. Oh, by the way, I picked it up from my LBS (local bike shop) for about $300cdn. I could have gotten it cheaper online, but locally I got it way quicker, didn't have to deal with duties, customs, etc AND best of all I am supporting our local shops.

Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoy my new addition.

Givi%20755%20out%20front.jpg

Givi%20755%20outside%20profile.jpg

Givi%20755%20out%20side.jpg

Givi%20755%20out%20cockpit.jpg

Givi%20755%20looks%20good.jpg

Looks almost as good as the V11 bikini fairing ;)

Do you have to look through the screen in order to see where you're going at slow speed, say when parking or negotiating a slippery road? I do with the Skidmarx screen on my Norge, and I sure as hell will get a clear screen the next time!

Oh, and as a FYI ... I recently discovered that the eagle on the Norge's nose is a glued-on bit of metal that just looks like it might be a separate part ;)

At slow speeds if I was looking through the screen I would have to be looking about 1 foot in front of my wheel, so no, it does not force me to look through it. It is not so tall for that.

G'day Brian,

That screen looks great and Kim at 1.70cm or 5ft 7in wants one on her all black 2007 Breva 750 (no silver trim its all black). Although she wants to get the bigger A760 as it is wider and should give more coverage for the hands as well as maybe throw a higher and cleaner air. We will get it in the Gloss black like yours which seems like a close match to Guzzi Black. Is there a reason why you went with the a755 instead of the a750 or a760??

The A760 seems to give a bigger higher and wider "double bubble??". To me it would seem as though the a760 will push the air up and to the side in a more controlled fashion than the smaller a755. As the sites below seem to illustrate.

http://img2.rivercrane.jp/catalogue/10054/p133.jpg

http://daytona-mc.jp/products/050/020/post_401.html

http://www.keis.jp/custum/custum-gaisou ... /givi.html

So Brian how is the screen going after a month of riding?? any new thoughts??

Greg

Interesting post and the Givi looks good. I’ve actually looked at that fairing for quite awhile but always chicken out because it is expensive, but more importantly because on the issue of fairings it seems that personal opinion goes a long way. Mostly I’ve read about failed attempts with fairings on Little Brevas and usually having to do with excessive buffeting. For example, with the Guzzi touring screen some people have even reported dangerous buffeting in high winds at speed.

Some have even removed screens entirely or have cut them down. The only thing that seems clear is that this is a fairly personal issue and perhaps shorter people get better protection than taller folk who may be getting wind thrown up on their helmets. It’s an expensive little experiment if you end up not liking these things!

Personally I don’t find the stock bikini fairing to be that bad. There is no head buffeting but you do catch wind on the chest, though I do not find that to be excessive at 110-120 kph. In fact if I try to duck behind my bikini fairing the buffeting and noise is very uncomfortable. Therefore my fear is that if I raise the height of the fairing as would be the case with the Givi the wind strength and buffeting might rise to my helmet area. But I’m only 5’7’’ and this post contradicts my theory.

I’d still like to try a Lemans type fairing on the Little B. Or, boringly enough, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

We have finally received a Givi A760 from Twisted Throttle in the USA for $415.00AUD. The price in Australia is $490.00 at least and they only import the matte black and only order from Italy every 6 months if I wanted a gloss black.

This is the 2nd item that I have bought a Givi from twisted throttle and it has been cheaper and within a week the item is here.

The givi took about 1 1/2 hours to fit as it has additional handlebar stays and these rods may need to be cut shorter, it can be done quicker, but the instructions are minimal. You will need to grind back the bracket about 7mm as it touches the indicator.

If possible do not cut the rods first up (or do not cut as much off) as I did before I realized that the brackets were fouled by the indicators and that I had more adjustment up.

Once fitted up it looks great, almost like it is original Guzzi. Photo's to come.

I am 1.72m or 5'7'' tall and there is no wind-blast at all on the chest even at 178km/h.

Wind noise has increased with more dirty air, Kim is only 1cm shorter and rides a daily 70km round trip which includes 15km of 90km/h running. We are in the process of adjusting the screen down to see if the dirty air improves.

The dirty air is similar to my old vfr 750 with a double bubble eagle screen.

Greg

We have lowered the screen more and it seems to make the noise better. But bugs are a problem now.

But it does look good as you can see in the atached photo's

Greg

Back