• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Givi panniers/side cases

rturo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Found some small 21 litre Givi hard panniers which I would like to fit to my Breva1100. They are Monokey but Givi dont do a frame for the Breva.

Anybody out there found a way of adapting a Givi frame to fit the Breva or adapt another frame to take Monokey?

I dont need the bigger bags that Guzzi and Hepco do but if anyone knows of other small cases and frames let me know.

Art

Art,

I've been thinking about this myself. I've always preferred Give bags and I'm thinking about adapting the Hepco Becker mounts I have to fit the Givi. The Hepco mount is very similar to the PL series mounts that Givi produces. Two of the bottom lugs would need to be added to the lower part of the mount (relatively easy task), then a plate welded to the top to accept the latch piece (just a little more difficult). That said, the Hepco mount might be a good starting point. These guys may be able to help if you supply them the Hepco racks http://www.happy-trail.com/.

A word of caution, the Hepco racks aren't a direct bolt on as hoped. You do need to do a little fitting work so the lower leg mounts easily to the foot peg piece. If there is stress there the casting can fail. You may want to do the fitting work ahead of time, before sending to the Happy Trail folks.

So the secret is out! The Givi E21 panniers are the finest panniers I've ever used. Top loading. Leak-free. Slim. A very useful shape. Cheap to buy.

One of my friends has used them on his last three bikes and once even crash-tested them, which they withstood amazingly well.

I have them on my Buell, for which I had to fabricate the mountings and I've been planning to make mounts for my Breva so I can swap the panniers completely loaded from bike to bike. These photos may be of interest.

Giviluggage2.jpg

Also with 26 litre Givi Monolock topbox.

Rearlightingupgradedtoo-1.jpg

Just 750mm OA width. Beat that if you can!

Luggageframeaftersandblasting.jpg

Givi PL sideframes for a Honda VFR provided the starting Point. Here the mounting system has been sandblasted ready for painting. By comparison organising a frame for a Breva should be a breeze because it already has upper and lower attachment points. Also I've seen a Breva with Givi universal cast side frames which would also take the E21s.

rturo, I've just fitted the sideplates from an old wingrack to my 1200 Sport, I think the frame is the same as the Breva and it wasn't too much of a job. However, I've had to fit them quite far forward and they foul the pillion pegs. This isn't an issue for me and it got me all the way around France.

Here's the link to my post on 1200sport.com...

http://www.1200sport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=984

By the way I've just ordered a pair of E21's for daily use. The E36's in the photo's are just for camping trips.

I hope it's of some help.

Good Job Emmett! I have a pair of GIVI keyless bags that I really like, I think I will put them on the Norge this winter.
Cheers
Matt

Thanks Emmett - I've seen the wingracks and wondered how much additional hardware and fettling would be required. Like the real close fitting and they look less obtrusive than I thought they might.

Thanks Graham - neat frame and great photos of the E21s. I guess like you I'm looking for a narrow solution even if it means less volume.

The wingracks look like less work and easy to get tight in to the bike by playing with spacers. , might let the gods of EBAY decide which way to go, if I can find some cheap wingracks I'll go that way first .. can always sell em on if I dont like the look and tackle the frame.

Art

Emmett

Nice job. Having a black bike helps disguise the Wingracks when not wearing the panniers.

I'm another fan of Givi products. Just great stuff, all.

My E21's arrived a few weeks ago and I put them onto my rack.

DSC00521.jpg

As you can see they look way too far forward. I will have to spend more time and re-position them further back. This will be of benefit for my E36's as well. The bigger E36's worked on my 3,000 mile jaunt around Europe but being that far forward also meant they were quite low as well. I managed to get one to touch down in a hairpin in the Pyrenees. One downside will be the empty wingrack will be more obvious but it's not too ugly.

I plan to leave the E21's on the bike instead of fitting a topbox so they need to look neat. They should give me more than enough space for my waterproofs and my photo gear.

Back