• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Good luck all

Billd

Tuned and Synch'ed
I'm feeling like I'm the odd man out here and clearly I'm in the minority when it comes to views about Moto Guzzi. When I bought 3 Ducatis and 2 Moto Guzzis I knew that they were off beat and required a steep learning curve on the part of the owner. Clearly the safe bet are the Japanese bikes ,the new Triumphs, and of course the BMW's. I've never regreated my choice and enjoy the Stelvio immensly realizeing all the time I can not take it for granted. I just dont think that outrage and constant bitter complaining will lead to Moto Guzzi solving all our real and imagined problems. It's very easy to feed off of each other via the internet . It's also a great place to learn and I've learned from some of you and will miss your insights to the bike but I don't want to come on line and just hear doom and clum. Good luck all.

FrostBittenCanadian said:
What??? I must have missed something.

:?: I haven't read anything on this forum that qualified in my mind as outrage and constant bitter complaining. The reporting of problems seemed to be pretty objective to me. I for one have found this and other Guzzi forums a valuable source of information.

Bruce

People are entitled to their opinions, I thought. Never thought this was a gloomy place either sorry to hear that Bill.

Billd said:
I'm feeling like I'm the odd man out here and clearly I'm in the minority when it comes to views about Moto Guzzi. When I bought 3 Ducatis and 2 Moto Guzzis I knew that they were off beat and required a steep learning curve on the part of the owner. Clearly the safe bet are the Japanese bikes ,the new Triumphs, and of course the BMW's. I've never regreated my choice and enjoy the Stelvio immensly realizeing all the time I can not take it for granted. I just dont think that outrage and constant bitter complaining will lead to Moto Guzzi solving all our real and imagined problems. It's very easy to feed off of each other via the internet . It's also a great place to learn and I've learned from some of you and will miss your insights to the bike but I don't want to come on line and just hear doom and clum. Good luck all.

BMW's are far from safe, in 100,000 miles I went through 2 gear boxes and three final drives and the surging on my GS 1150 was terrible and BMW never claim there was a problem with any of these items and only cover them until I reached 36,000 miles.

That is one reason I purchased a Guzzi, after reading about the built proof, slick shifting trans and final drive unit that sold me. I figured parts would be delay, especialy after 9/11, but I find it easier to find parts for my 1960 Alfa Romeo than I do a 2009 Stelvio.

Fighting with Guzzi Corp over a mirror or a blown shock is crazy. I spent as much if not more for my Stelvio as a new 2009 R 1200 GS, I purchased my wife a new 2009 F 650 GS, the motor is built proof but it too as issues, the dealer drops everything and fixes her bike even if it means taking a bike off the showroom floor and robbing parts to repair hers. The dealer makes a call tells BMW Corp. the problem and what they are doing to get her back on the road.

That's the difference between a good Company that cares about repeat business and one that does not. Piaggio has a lot to learn in the customer service department IMHO. I love the bike don't get me wrong, but if I'm having to purchase parts and repair the bike myself while it's under warranty there is a problem and it is not the dealers that is a problem because he wants me as a repeat customer.

I'm sorry to see you leave this venue and good luck on your trip to Alaska.

Back